Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anyone seeing Dr Alexander Doo?

pinkballerina is offline Registered User

Anyone seeing Dr Alexander Doo?

Hi Everyone,

I have just found out I'm pregnant. Just by coincidence, I had myself booked in to see Dr Alexander Doo this Thursday for a gynaecological appointment (We've been trying to get pregnant for a few months and I just wanted to get an ultrasound to make sure everything was OK for conception).

Anyway, I've called his office and let them know that the appointment will now be pregnancy related, however I was just interested to hear some feedback on him.

The reason I originally made the appointment with him is because I've read some info in these forums and heard he is very experienced but also has a good bedside manner. I'd really like to have a Doctor who has a kind manner, as I don't really feel comfortable with Doctors who have abrupt/direct personalities.

Would love to hear some current feedback on this if anyone can assist.

Thanks in advance and have a great day

Paddles is offline Registered User
    Hi

He's a great Dr, would completey recommend him. I didn't deliver with him in the end because i wanted a natural birth and he prefers C-sections and I didn't feel he would give me the opportunity (I had twins). I think he is very cautious because the majority of his patients have had fertility treatment.

He never rushed an appointment, and always answered all our questions, plus if you call with a problem he will always return your call within minutes.

Roshna is offline Registered User
    Pinkballerina, you're in good hands with Dr. Doo. He is good and kind. He explains things well, answers your questions, does thorough scans, calls u back soon after you call him/ his office. I saw him and Dr. Leong (same clinic, we were actually under Leong but saw Doo whenever Leong was out, and i preferred Doo!) for my first and had him for my second.

I told him i wanted a normal birth (normal conception, no fertility treatment) and he really helped me get that. I can tell you that halfway through the actual birth i wanted a c-section, i was in pain, tired, etc. and he made me go through the whole push and push and we had our normal birth. I did tell him i wanted to kill him at some point but thanked him a lot when i could go home after 3 days and not have pain from a cut.

We've kept in touch with him for other gyne matters after that and i have to say, i'd use him again in a heartbeat were we to have more kids. He's great.

first_time is offline Registered User
    Halo - ditto comments above, good bed side manner and very cautious. He also find me a confirmed booking at Matilda very quickly. However, he is very busy and late for appointments.

I had a miscarriage earlier this year. When I became pregnant again, he saw me every week and put me on medications, of course the visit was very important to put my mind at ease. During my week 12, I experience bleeding and he saw me every other day and he put me on bed rest.

It has been 3 weeks since I saw Dr. Doo and looking forward to my 16 wk scan on Friday.

Finger crossed

Hi Ladies,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding Dr. Doo. It was very reassuring and I really appreciated all the information you provided.

My appointment with him last Thursday went well. He was very personable and didn't rush the appointment at all, so I was able to ask as many questions as I needed to.

I have another appointment next week (Thurs) and I think they will do an ultrasound then. I'm 5 weeks today, so will be about 6.5 weeks by then.

first-time, I am very sorry to hear about your loss earlier this year. How did your 16 week scan go on Friday? I hope everything is progressing well for you.

Best wishes to you all and thanks again for your help :)

first_time is offline Registered User
    Good to hear you find Dr. Doo reassuring.

It was fun watching Dr. Doo count the fingers and toes, checked all the organs - heart (with 4 chambers), kidneys (right/left), brain, limps, etc. Half the time I can't see what he claimed are there - I guess thats why he is paid the big $.

Enjoy :-)

papa2b is offline Registered User
    My wife is also seeing Dr. Doo - and to be honest he is GOOD! Expensive, but peace of mind is not worth skimping on. Very good in answering questions.

Thanks so much for the feedback papa2b. It's great to get a male perspective on Dr. Doo. I'm pretty sure my husband will like him too, which is very important. I also agree that you can't really put a price on peace of mind.

So, all in all, I think I've made the right choice.

Thanks again!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast