Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Europe

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Neha View Post
    nicolejoy yes the same cruise starting on 16th . it will be cold but i am sure fun. U can probably tell us if the tours offered by the cruiseline are worth it or not.
    We only did one tour - in St Petersberg, we did the 2 day grand tour because of the whole visa thing... although a lot of people seemed to be going into Russia independently and it worked for them *shrugs* I did really enjoy it though, and our tour guide was really awesome!! I generally prefer exploring somewhere by myself though...

My FAVOURITE ports were Stockholm and Tallinn - both beautiful cities!! And of course, St Petersberg!! We did it pretty much the same time of year as you - we were in St Petersberg for my birthday on the 25th :)

My least favourite port was Gdansk - I would have been happy to just stay on the boat that day ;) The whole city seemed kind of depressing!!
    Last edited by nicolejoy; 11-28-2008 at 12:20 PM.

Neha is offline Banned
    thanks for the info

Veronika is offline Registered User
    Where abouts did you go in Gdansk, Nicolejoy? I went there in 2005 and found it a beautiful city. I can't believe that it has changed so much in just 3 years?

How long does the whole cruise take? Where do you start? I was always wondering how it is to do a cruise......

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    We went around the old town area, walked all over the "main highlight" things in the tourist maps. Maybe it was just my experience/personal taste, and maybe on another day or in a different mood, I might have enjoyed it more!! We caught the bus from the cruise ship and had a "tour guide" pointing out things on the way there and back - and she was reeeaalllyyy bad!! And it was just a bad day :)

The cruise I did was this one: http://www.princess.com/pb/itinerary...=E914N&trade=E

10 days, starting and finishing in Copenhagen. It was AWESOME - the food was great, service was excellent! Made me want to go on a cruise every year!! I'm already looking forward to my next one!!

And if anyone wants to go on any Princess cruises, I highly recommend Frances Yik at [email protected] as a contact - she did our booking and was excellent!!

Veronika is offline Registered User
    Thanks for the links Nicolejoy! Will check it out. We are moving to Copenhagen next year anyhow.

Well, yes, the mood of the day definitely can make you like or dislike a city. And a bad guide can ruin a lot whereas a good one can make you love a place that otherwise you wouldn't find interesting.

Tigerlily is offline Registered User
    Neha - with that budget you will be able to choose between a number of hotels inthe centre....i would suggest you to have a look at www.tripadvisor.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123