Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Europe

Neha is offline Banned

Europe

Hi

Which city will be better to visit with a 2 and half year old kid? I mean activities which can include the child also.

Month of May.

Days 3-4 maximum

Thanks/Neha

NYCMel is offline Registered User
    We just moved from London and while expensive, it's a very child-friendly city. There are large open grassy spaces, pram friendly and lots of things for children to see/do.

apples is offline Registered User
    Where do YOU want to go? After living in Europe for quite a few years and travelling a lot with our son, we have found good and bad points about each place (just like here). The best thing to do is decide where you want to go and see and make plans then.
    For example, Paris is great because the sidewalks are quite wide but it is difficult to use the metro as there aren't many lifts. But then again, it's Paris so you kind of get over that as you are taking in the gorgeous city.
    Rome is difficult to get around but is very child friendly as Italian people LOVE kids and will help you a lot. But again, you get over that as you are walking around the amazing sights. Etc.
    If you want any more info about other cities, I'm happy to help.
    One thing we feel strongly about though is that kids are tough and adaptable and as long as you are having a good time and don't stress too much, they will have a good time.
    Europe is a great place to explore with kids. Enjoy!!

Neha is offline Banned
    Thanks NYCMel and apples

We are going for a cruise Northern Europe. We thought of going to Rome after it but flying so much that is why were thinking of something close by to Copenhagen where are cruises ends.

apples will be grateful for your suggestions

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    Amsterdam and other parts of Netherlands are really nice in May, it's a flat country, very easy to do some tours with a bicycle (they have great bicycles to carry kids). Walking is easy as there is not much cars in the city.
    You can go to Madurodam which is a big parc, kids love it. There is also a zoo in Amsterdam, some museums with some fun parts for kids.
    There are a also lots of parcs and green areas in Amsterdam, very nice to walk in. Nice also to have a tour on the boats.

Only bad point is that Netherlands is still a smoking country (apart from what they are well know for) and people smoke in bars and restaurants. There are a few non-smoking places, and lots of places where you can sit on the terrass.

Actually, The Netherlands is now a non-smoking country as of this year.
    I agree, Amsterdam is fantastic (I'm biased as I lived there) and a lot of fun. Its easy to get around and riding a bike with a child is so much fun.
    Copenhagen is also really nice but you might find it hard to fill in more than 1 or 2 days. However, hiring a car and driving around the countryside is nice.
    I understand about the flying but if you do get a chance, Rome is really worth it. So beautiful and full of things to see and do. You can do bus tours if you get tired of walking but we found just walking around was amazing. You get to see some really cool things off the beaten track. The only negative (which we dealt with and got over) was that in Italy the hotel rooms are very small which makes it difficult with all the equipment you need to take with a child.
    As I mentioned before, for the wow factor I would definitely recommend Paris. It's easy to walk around and you will be seeing one of the most amazing cities in the world!

Neha is offline Banned
    i think we will brave the flight time and go to rome as i have not been there myself. have done paris, amsterdam, london, madrid so something different. Now have to find cheap airfares

thanks for all your help

Great choice! Check out Transavia.com and Air Berlin for cheap deals.

Also, www.whichbudget.com is a great website to give you all the budget airlines in Europe.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast