Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Talking for 18mths baby

JJYY is offline Registered User
    I've been jealous for ages, since my son can say 'daddy' for few months but not even ma /mum / mummy..........

mscheerful is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Does he says "mi or me"? my son has been saying me or mi for 2 months but i have no idea he was refered to ME until now that he is 20 months, when he looks at picture he pointed 'me or mi' and look at ME and said: 'me or mi' it is only now that I know he was calling me for sometimes. I was confused too because when we ask him who is "His Name', he will point to himself and say "me". in my opinion, I am sure they do call mommy but just that they are having their own terms. He now calls mommy or mama but 100 times papa and one time mommy :( but happy too :)

Speculator is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung/Ware, Herts, UK
    I am starting to worry, every time my daughter Emily watches Mr Tumble in Something Special, she says Daddy! I look nothing like Mr Tumble!

priyapravin is offline Registered User
    Usually at this age children repeat whatever they hear.So if they hear someone say mummy to you , they will repeat it and pick it up very soon.May be u can ask ur hubby to call u mummy few times a day..;)

Matty is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    Yes, it was my son that had a huge vocabulary of words, including clock, uh oh broken, and 6 Cantonese words before he said mummy!
    Daddy was his 2nd word.

We don't know why, as he heard us say it all the time.
    It became quite funny after a while.

Don't worry, my son is now 2 and sometimes I wish he would stop saying mummy, mummy, mummy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12