- 11-27-2008, 06:13 AM #1Banned
- Join Date
- May 2004
I was wondering what hioliday traditions you have in your family? I am starting to plan my meal now and have it on my mind. We are having family over for christmas, 12 people and I will be doing up a typical turkey meal. What are your traditions? Do you eat out in a restaurant, or have a meal elsewhere or stay home?
The new thing I will be doing this year is delagating some of the meals as I will have guests for a week, but not everyone at the same time. The last year I hosted I cooked and cleaned up and cooked and cleaned up and cooked and cleaned up for a week straight and I couldn't even get out of the house at all! Not EVER Again!
- 11-27-2008, 07:46 AM #2
We have a Greek influenced menu. Last year I didn't do the full day menu though as we had just come back from overseas. This year I am going 'all out' with the following planned (some stuff I am buying pre-made). We have 10 people this year.
- fruit platter
- croissants, muffins from bakery (or frozen)
- lots of juice and coffee
- champagne and juice while unwrapping gifts
- Lamb roast on BBQ
- roasted vegies (potato, pumpkin, sweet pot, onion, carrots)
- Salad (maybe spiniach rice loaf)
- Grandma Annie pudding
- Galaktoboureko (custard pastry!)
Dinner is left overs.
- small almond cakes
- Spanakopita (or the frozen ones)
- 11-27-2008, 09:37 AM #3Registered User
- Join Date
- Apr 2007
it is a longstanding family tradition for us to have a champagne breakfast on xmas morning. It includes:
pastries / crossants
cooked ham & eggs
champage and juice
then my grandparents and parents would always follow up with an enormous xmas lunch in the afternoon - the works hot and cold including turkey, seafood, you name it!
too much cooking & cleaning for me!! so in the last few years when we are not at home in Oz with family we follow the breakfast tradition with friends at our place and then normally have a late lunch out somewhere at a restaurant or a friends place.
- By shaanmom in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 15Last Post: 09-24-2009, 11:09 PM
- By babymommy2 in forum Everything ElseReplies: 0Last Post: 06-09-2009, 12:20 PM
- By hkrose in forum Everything ElseReplies: 1Last Post: 12-17-2007, 09:49 AM
- By HKfornow in forum Parenting - Toddlers and PreschoolersReplies: 3Last Post: 10-03-2006, 09:31 PM
- By amychukityi in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 9Last Post: 07-18-2005, 02:15 PM