Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Crying it out

mushi is offline Registered User

hi milk monster....thanks for yr suggestion, but since he gets up at 6.30 am , if i let him cry it out he takes another 20 mins to go back to sleep, its time for his wake up call in any case i.e. at 7.00 am.......has anyone tried changing the sleep timings to alter their wake up time? mine goes off to bed by 7.00pm sharp.

MilkMonster is offline Registered User

i think after a while, your baby would learn not to wake up before 7am. If you CIO for 20mins, let him sleep for 20mins then you wake him up, maybe he will learn to sleep until woken? Haha we did a lot of things including playing music at wake up time so the babies would associate the music with wake up time. The other thing we did was pretend it was a night feed - i.e. no eye contact, no talking while we fed him and then put him straight back into the crib until wake up time.

wanfamily is offline Registered User

Well I'm finally doing it.... the controlled crying version. (Hence posting at 1:40 in the morning... bet the neighbours love me!) Trying to keep busy as every minute seems like an hour, but this is the only way that worked for my eldest, so keeping my fingers crossed!
    Been a long journey to get even this far. Took a few days to get over jet lag and then had to get him used to sleeping in his cot again. Screamed blue murder every time at first, but just kept picking him up, comforting and then putting him back unti he got used to it. Then it was the case of cutting down on his night nursing. This was easy... got my hubby to offer him formula instead and he refused it point blank. Spent a few days getting him used to his own room. The funny thing is that I've realised he loves my dressing gown as a comforter... whether I wear it or my hubby, as soon as he's near it, he snuggles into it and starts chewing it. Considered putting it down as a sheet, but don't think it will fit!
    Anyway... been at it almost an hour now - about to gradually move from every 5 mins to 10. Unfortunatey he keeps standing up, so I pop in put him back down, he calms instantly, I say goodnight and walk out again. AHHH. Just keeping my sights on the nights of sleeping that I hope are ahead ( and my mouth full of chocolate which I stocked up on in preparation for this!!!)
    Will let you know how it goes. Now to find something else to keep me busy!

megan2008 is offline Registered User

I must say after a long night of constantly waking to put my daughter back down, it was really comforting reading these posts knowing that I am not the only mom awake at 2AM with a crying baby :) I guess the important thing is not to give up and know that it will get better.

megan2008 is offline Registered User

....at least that's what I tell myself to get through the night!

southside852 is offline Registered User

absolutely! stay strong and perservere - it will get better!

MilkMonster is offline Registered User

hang in there!! I loaded up on chocolate and sweet snacks too - helps a lot when you are up in the middle of the night : ) I would also save up some articles i wanted to read for night time so the time would go by faster...hope you're ok...the crying is really hard to listen to but be strong!!

peainpod is offline Registered User

After a week in Langkawi and the last few days of CNY festivities, it feels like we are back to ground zero. Bubs' schedule has been so disrupted that I have found myself nursing him to sleep every time (day and night) for naps and night-time as well as middle of the night wake-ups.

I am hoping to ease him back to his regular routine but am really not feeling very confident right now. (We had the most horrible nap times today - after napping only briefly in the morning, he would not go down for his late afternoon nap - but was so obviously tired that I ended up nursing him and holding him asleep for close to an hour in my arms on the sofa. I haven't done this since he was 3 months old, (btw, he is now 10 months!) just to get over the witching hour! (I did try transferring him when he was sleepy and later when he was sound asleep, but both times, he woke up immediately as I was transferring and immediately started crying violently!)

I have a feeling it is going to be a very very long night tonight.
    <sigh>

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast