Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Crying it out

putput is offline Registered User
    Southside852,

What time does your baby go down for nap no.2. I took your and Mushi's advice with nap 1 and she went to sleep after 25 mins of crying so thank you so, so much for helping. Now, I need to work out nap no.2 which I continue to struggle with!

...and how did you get two cycles out of your baby? So far, I've only managed to get two cycles if she takes just the one nap at 11.30 -13.00.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    his afternoon nap starts between 12:30pm/1pm depending on what he's been doing before - ie. playgroup, market, playing with me at home etc...in which case i know he's going to be super exhausted. he usually goes down at 12:30/1 and sleeps until 2:30pm/3pm. crying it out helps them also figure out how to put themselves back to sleep so in the afternoon if he wakes up once after 45 minutes, do not go in. let him play etc..and see if she realizes that no one is coming in and then will then eventually put herself back to sleep.

whatever you decide to do, stay consistent with your behavior and responses to her behavior or else she'll get mixed messages and be confused.

Did your son ever cry through his whole afternoon nap? If so,what did you do in that situ? Southside852, I really appreciate all your help.It's giving me the confidence to get through this at a time when I really started to feel like I couldn't hack it anymore!

southside852 is offline Registered User
    i sent u a pm.

mushi is offline Registered User
    hi putput, did u take your baby out to the park like i said or did u do something else?> i am faced with another prob now.....my baby regularly wakes up at 6.00 am ...earlier it used to be 7.00am......and i don;t mind waking up with him but he gets tired very fast so by teh time his breakfast is laid he is a little cranky and it is diffulct to sustain him till his normal nap time which is at 9.30 am..... any ideas anyone who has experienced how do i get him to slep more...he goes to bed at 7.00pm sharp....should i let him cry it out at 6.00 am everyday? but i am sure he will cry quite a bit now that he is used to waking at that time.......psl. help.

Thank you, Southside.

Mushi, I took her to the park like you said and it made all the difference. I got a nap out of her at 8.30am after 20mins of crying which is good considering the past week. I'm making no progress with her afternoon nap though!

Early wake up: Apparently, putting baby to sleep earlier leads to a later wake up. Maybe give that a try?

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    hi everyone, putput so sorry! i have been out of town and didn't bring my computer!! glad to hear you have sorted out nap 1. I would have said the same thing, do a morning activity, go out, or lots of play and tummy time. i find that if my 9mth old doesn't get enough stimulation, naps don't go very well because he's tired but not mentally tired.

my 10mth old only has 2 naps a day (very rarely 3 times and that's only if he's been out and very busy the entire day).

we are on this schedule:

8am wake up (spend 30mins alone in the crib)
    830am milk/solids breakfast
    1030am water/nap
    1130am wake up (spend 15mins alone in the bed)
    12pm lunch/milk
    230pm nap
    4pm awake/milk
    530pm dinner
    6pm bath
    630 milk then bedtime around 640 or 7pm

i find in general he is tired after 2hrs of awake time. we do a rolling schedule so it's 15-20 mins off everyday depending on wake up times. sometimes he sleeps longer and sometimes he is awake earlier.

mushi, have you tried feeding milk at 6am in the dark and putting baby back to sleep?

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast