Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Crying it out

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    oh no! hope she sorts it out soon!!

they are always like that!!! always go to bed without a fuss, but if i make plans, there will be something that comes up, poop, not wanting to sleep...something that will make us really late for whatever we planned on doing that night....

don't give up! try an outing again soon!!!

mushi is offline Registered User
    hey putput..absolutely no offense taken, i did not even think like that!! so r u continuing with CIO or not?
    Milk monster, your suggestion on feeding more milk/food to my son at night worked! although he still wakes up at 6.00 am he does not wake up yelling but he starts with babbling and after 10 mins lets out a small shout.......my question do i go to him while he is babbling or when he starts shouting.....would he feel he needs to always shout/cry to get my attention?.,,,,but a BIG THANK YOU before that.

great!!! i am so happy it worked for you too!!!

What happens after the big shout? does he go straight to crying or does he babble more? If my sons were crying, i would always try to wait until there was a lull in the cry before i went in to get them. We always try to get the kids before they start really complaining or crying so they don't learn to do that for us to come into the room. so yes, if he's complaining after the big shout, then yes go in and get him when he is babbling. if you are trying to extend his wake up to 7, then wait until the very last minute before he complains, you can tell if you listen to his babbling, it will get more annoyed sounding and go in before he complains. you are basically trying to extend his patience. by getting him just before he gets upset, he will learn that and trust that you will come to get him at the right time and that he should just wait for you. you will find after a week or so, he will babble for longer and be happy to wait for you. well...that's what happened for us so hopefully it happens for you too!!!

xx

sorry forgot to mention too that anytime my kids wake up earlier than usual, or wake in the night, i always assume it's because they need more food the next day and always let them eat as much as they want at each meal. i think kids know how much they need.

As long as it's before bedtime, they can basically eat as much as they want. for example, 9mth old son seemed really hungry when drinking his last milk before bed at 7,he slurped up the bottle and looked unsatisfied so i fed him some rice cereal and he ate 50ml of it until he turned his head away, then I offered him some more milk just to make sure he didn't want any more. he drank maybe 10ml and didn't want anymore so i know he is really full. i then put him to bed as usual. it must be a growth spurt or something because that is a lot of extra food for him. but i'm sure if i didn't do that, that he'd wake up at night (he doesn't cry at night anymore but sometimes he will be restless and i can hear he is not sleeping deeply) or earlier in the morning because of hunger.

This method has worked for both my sons and basically solved any of our sleep issues.

thanks MM, talking about food my baby takes his milk (about 7 ounces) at 11.00 am and his lunch time is at 12.15-12.30 where now he refuses his food.....is the time gap too short? what is yr lunch time and how much before that does he have milk?

putput is offline Registered User
    Just wanted to say thanks to all of you who gave me advice on trying to sort out my daughter's daytime naps. I have had to give up unfortunately as it was having a very obvious impact on her moods and she was getting an upset stomach. I know as I stopped for a week and saw her settle into her bubbly, albeit tired and grumpy by the end of the day, self with regular bowel movements. When I started again, she got an upset stomach again and became clingy and scared of even the slightest noise. So,I've decided, even though she does need more sleep, it's something I can try again when she's maybe a little older or hopefully, wishful thinking maybe(?), she'll grow into longer naps. I did try giving her a soak before nap time but it didn't work. I'll try that again later on though as I can see the sense in it and do believe it will work. Thank you all for helping me though as I really was starting to fall apart and felt better with your support.

Putput, do what feels right for your baby - that is the right thing to do. If the 2nd nap is causing her so much stress, i think you made a good decision to just let her be. xx

Mushi,
    830am milk 160ml (5oz)/solids breakfast 50ml fruit + 20ml rice cereal
    12pm lunch/milk 75-120ml (4oz), 100ml veggies/chicken or salmon + 10ml rice cereal
    4pm milk 160ml
    530pm dinner 50-100ml (3oz) veggies/chicken or salmon + 20ml rice and 90ml milk
    630pm 90-160ml (5oz) milk

He doesn't always finish his milk and solids. I try to keep the meal time pretty consistent with milk and solids following immediately after each other - no break between. I also mix the rice cereal with milk.

7oz of milk seems like a lot to me, if my son drank that much milk, i don't think he would be able to eat the solids. If you still want him to drink 7oz at 11am then I would feed lunch at 1pm. You can try out a day where you wait to feed him solids and see what time he starts to show signs of being hungry. See how that goes!

thanks MM will try and let u know

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast