Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Crying it out

mushi is offline Registered User
    one way i try to get my mind off is loggin on to geobaby in the middle of the night....like now...it os 3.39 am!!....my baby woke up and i waited for just 2 mins to realise it was a very diff cry....like he was in trouble...true enough his leg had got sstuck in the cot rods....i pulled it out and picked him up only to find out that he had poo=pooed....so nappy change brought a fresh volley of tears...then i held him intending to rock him back to sleep since he was quite shaken....bu then he thought it was playtime and got fully awake so then i left him in his cot and firmly left the room.....he has been crying since the last 10 mins now with a 2 mins gap and i waiting for him to stop....hope he does soon but being on geobaby sure helps!........clowe hope u r getting luckier toninght and u finally realised that it is not gas pain crying.

there....its 3.56 and all quiet!! thanks for giving me company geobaby!

Gosh its 6.15 am and he is up! any ideas on how to make him sleep longer at this time....i have waited and let him cry for 20 mins after that i give up.....he goes to bed by 7.00 - 7.30 pm.

Paddles is offline Registered User
    We seem to have mastered sleeping through the night, but I too wish she would sleep longer in the morning. At the moment she is waking up at 5.30am and won't go back to sleep. At this time she rolls over onto her tummy and then can't settle herself back and all I can do is go in and pick her up - if I go in and put her onto her back and leave again she gets really upset, and I don't want her to wake her sister so I don't have any choice but to get her. I have been leaving her for 15 - 20 mins hoping she'll understand that it's too early. I even opened the curtains for her and told her it was still dark and all happy babies are asleep now - it didn't work!!!

clowe77 is offline Registered User
    ha, there must be something in the air!!! thanks to all of your wonderful responses and advice, this has been my 4rd successful night using CIO and it has gotten better and better every night BUT baby is always waking up bet 5:30-6am! yesterday morning i let him be for 15min and he went back to sleep til after 7am but this morning i let him cry for almost half an hour and by 6:30am i felt like the world's worst mother and picked him up and felt even more awful because he suffered through the 30 of crying only to be picked up again - that must send out an awfully confusing message. or does he realize it is morning?? maybe the latter...

mushi, you are so funny. hope you managed to get some shut-eye last night. i don't think my baby is waking up early due to hunger because he is happy to play after he is picked up and when i give him the bottle at 7am he doesn't even necessarily finish it (less than 7oz). so i think he just wakes up because he's been in bed for over 10 hours and he wants UP!! understandable, right?

Neha is offline Banned
    some kids are like that they cant lie down for too long. Our son for long time gets up everyday between 6-6.30 , we dont even try to put him to sleep again because he will not as he is ready to play.

if your normal time is 7.00 and the child wakes up at 6-6.30 i think it makes no sense to make them cry , But that is my opinion. Our son is 2 years old and we didnt follow the CIO ( we probably should have) but could not bear for him to cry for 30 minutes( too soft)

southside852 is offline Registered User
    In the end takes what works for you. I do what NYCMel does and wait for a lull in the crying before going in for a cuddle or a pick up. This way, my son knows that crying does not get rewarded. We tried so many different sleeping training methods, but in the end, this one did work the best. Do what is comfortable for you and it will be the best for your baby.

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    *sigh* after waking up at 8am for the last week, my 6mth old woke up crying at 615am with a fever...both my kids are sick so I think I will have to CIO again once everyone is all better.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast