Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

night before in town check in

jzb
    jzb is offline Registered User

night before in town check in

I'm flying back to Sydney next week on my own with my 2 boys and I'm wondering if it would be better to check in the night before to save time in the morning. Does anybody know if I can check in at the airport express without my 3 year old and 1 year old being there the night before or whether they have to be 'sighted' in order to check in?

It would be sooo much easier to do it on my own when they're in bed, but just don't know if that's going to be possible.

Thanks for your help.

snagito is offline Registered User

for them to get a boarding pass they need to be there..

can you go just before they go to sleep? i think you can check in 36 hours before departure, but am not 100% sure..best to check..

jzb
    jzb is offline Registered User

yeah - think that's what I'll do. take them down to tire them out before they go to bed.

Thanks for your help

Neha is offline Banned

no u cannot check in 36 hours before the flight departure at the Town checkin. or for that matter the night before your flight. It has to be the same day of your flight. If ur flight is at 23.55 on 8th Dec. u can check in the earliest at 6.00 A.M the same day 8/12/08 not on 7th night.

Better to do online check in u can print your boarding passes.

Rad
    Rad is offline Registered User

You can check in 24 hours before your flight. If you have a morning flight you could really check in during the previous day. We do check in the previous day as its so much easier to get rid of the luggage!

If you are flying Cathay/Thai they are pretty understanding and let you check in without the child, but they do hold onto the boarding pass till the next day. Before taking the train the following day you just need to show them your child and collect the boarding pass.