Gd gynae who does vaginal scans

pandatorres is offline Registered User

Gd gynae who does vaginal scans

Hi,

Does anyone know of a good gynae who is;
    - english speaking
    - located on HK island
    - does vaginal scans

Reason is I just got my pregnancy confirmed via a blood test as my doc could not confirm the presence of the sack/embryo in my uterus via an abdominal scan. Unlike my 1st child where my previous gynae in Spore could even measure the size of the embryo (0.49cm) at just 5weeks cos she had used a vaginal scan.

Appreciate all replies as the waiting to confirm that I'm not having an etopic pregnancy is driving me insane.....:)

karmah1 is offline Registered User
    Sydney, Australia (but would like to return to HK)

I had one with my obstitrician Dr Joe Chan, he is english speaking and in Central. His contact details are:

Suite 1301, Tak Shing House, 20 Des Voeux Road, Central
    phone: 2525-9213 or 2523-3328

Smiles is offline Registered User

Dr Sally Ferguson in Wan Chai, Shui on Centre. She's from the UK and delivers at the Matilda.

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User

Just because your ob / gyn didn't do one doesn't mean he/she can't. Not all ob's do a lot of u/s in the first trimester unless they think something is wrong. In general doctors can't do / add much in the first trimester. If something goes wrong, it goes wrong, so unless you have (serious) medical complaints a lot of them just wait until later in the first trimester.

My US ob wouldn't do an u/s until 20 weeks. But then I had a m/c at 11 weeks, and she did an early (vaginal) one after having very high hormone levels and we found the twins.

pandatorres is offline Registered User

Well I guess it's different strokes for different folks. If you're comfortable with obs/gyns not doing much for you in your 1st tri, well then good for you.

As for me, I very much prefer to "know more" early. Of cos, if something "goes wrong, it'll still go wrong" but I would very much like to know asap IF something is likely or unlikely to go wrong. Especially since I've had a series of miscarriages before and from my past experiences, the difference of "knowing early" makes alot of difference.

Thanks anyway for your reply, even if they didnt address my query.

Eve12 is offline Registered User

Hi,

I went to Dr. Joe Chan at 6 weeks and he "just" saw a sac too ( totally normal) - went back at 8 weeks...and saw the babe - both of these were vaginal scans. Went back at 12 weeks and there was a world of difference how much the baby has grown, I was happy i did the other 2 scans, for my peae of mind.

PM if you need any more info on Dr. Chan, I think he's great and before I choose him - I visited quite a few doctors.

Eve

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by pandatorres View Post
    Well I guess it's different strokes for different folks. If you're comfortable with obs/gyns not doing much for you in your 1st tri, well then good for you.

As for me, I very much prefer to "know more" early. Of cos, if something "goes wrong, it'll still go wrong" but I would very much like to know asap IF something is likely or unlikely to go wrong. Especially since I've had a series of miscarriages before and from my past experiences, the difference of "knowing early" makes alot of difference.

Thanks anyway for your reply, even if they didnt address my query.
    I was just saying why he/she may not have performed on u/s. Whether or not I agree depends on the situation, on your medical history, but also how strongly you feel, how much you stressed your concerns and fears. Just stating why some docs prefer to wait and that doesn't make them bad doctors in the first place. There may be no need to find a new doctor, that was all I was saying. That wasn't your question, so be it, then don't post on public forums. Just giving you a different perspective. Really no need to react this way. Apparently "not all replies are appreciated" after all.
    Last edited by MommyTo3; 12-02-2008 at 08:32 AM.