Would you hire this helper if you were me...
- 12-19-2008, 11:56 AM #25Banned
- Join Date
- Jun 2004
- Yuen Long
oppps, I see you didn't hire her, sorry, my fault for not reading to the end of the furum lol
- 12-19-2008, 01:14 PM #26Registered User
- Join Date
- Aug 2007
- Mid Levels
While I agree that finding someone who's able to complete more than one contract with an employer is a good sign, I also wouldn't automatically reject a helper just because she was terminated. In fact my current helper was unlucky in her previous (local Chinese) employer who treated her v poorly and whom she had a terrible working relationship with. There are some local families who demand quite unreasonable things from their helpers and at the same time seem to grudge their presence.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, we were lucky enough to connect with this helper (as she is friends with my sister's helper from the same church) and we took a chance with her (in that we had no references to check altho she did help out my sister part-time when their maid was off) and it has worked out quite well for us. She is very good with our baby and he adores her.
- By joanneinnyc in forum Helper ForumsReplies: 2Last Post: 03-23-2009, 12:22 AM
- By rani in forum Helper ForumsReplies: 29Last Post: 12-05-2007, 01:21 PM
- By Canucker in forum Helper ForumsReplies: 8Last Post: 08-18-2007, 09:40 PM
- By mintycat in forum Helper ForumsReplies: 1Last Post: 06-16-2007, 08:13 AM
- By ninahudd in forum Helper ForumsReplies: 5Last Post: 08-16-2006, 11:48 PM