Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Foods you are craving?

zany500 is offline Registered User
    Cheesburger at Mc Donald's...I have the same problem :-)
    I'm dreaming of having a burger every day...but I have to resist !
    I had to go for grossery last monday at IFC, after the office, I couldn't resit, I stopped and had a cheesburger at 6:45pm ! yes i know

sherwes is offline Registered User
    My thing is cheese sticks (the yucky processed ones that don't even have to be kept in the fridge!). I ate them all through my last pregnancy and then the cravings kicked in at 8 weeks this time around. When I am not pregnant I think they are disgusting.

I am also loving McDonalds and orange juice. Usually I have McDonalds maybe once every 6 months and rarely drink orange juice.

MisB is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong

Orange Juice is another must-have for me! I buy a large carton of Tropicana every other day!

MLBW Guest

Lightbulb How to make a healthier burger at home!

Quote Originally Posted by babymo View Post
    can we eat burgers? n chips? or is that considered v junk food??

oh dear i just had a mc donald cheese burger yeesterday w fries!! ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Burgers by themselves aren't really a "junk food." I mean, think about it--it's meat that is fried in a pan. You can make your own (I did the other night and they were great). Now, the McDonald's ones are definitely in the "junk food" category so I wouldn't make a steady diet of them. High fat content--additives, lots of sugars. Have you ever seen the documentary "Super Size Me" ??? Ugh! Chips (or what I call fries) aren't good for you no matter who makes them--because they are deep-fat fried in oil. If you crave 'em, try a baked potato--it's way better for you and has protein that you need while prego.

To make a yummy burger--get some lean minced beef--season the raw meat however you like (I add a bit of curry to mine as well as salt, pepper and peppercorns and soy sauce--you can add BBQ sauce or hot sauce too!). Spread a thin layer of olive oil in a pan, cook on medium low for 5 minutes on one side and 3-4 minutes on the other to get a medium or medium-well burger--be sure to cover the burger with a lid while cooking to keep it moist.

The thing about McD's burgers that I actually crave is the cheese, catsup and pickle combination. You can buy dill pickle slices at the store and slice some good cheddar cheese and lay it over the top just as the burger is finishing cooking. A home-made burger that is a whole lot better for you than McDucks. Toast some wholewheat bread and put it on there with tomato, red onion and romaine lettuce--or whatever other garnishes you like (some people like bean sprouts even). If you want to be naughty and like the stuff--you can add thousand-Island dressing to the top (not a diet food, mind you) and then you have the equivalent of a Big Mac--that is the "secret sauce."

babymo is offline Registered User
    tks v much for the detail reply! i will try and stay away from those mc donalds!!!

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Tsuen Wan
    Haha, I am on the cheeseburger train, though I prefer the double cheeseburgers, yummmmm...though I usually restrain myself. Love Egg McMuffins - English muffins are my fave.
    Since I got pregnant (33 weeks ago), I pretty much craved western food. I`ve become a sandwich junkie, though without the deli meats, they`ve been pretty bland (egg, cheese, tomato).
    I`ve also become a fruit junkie and eat it constantly.
    Lately, all I want to eat is sweets - anything is ok. I never had much of a sweet tooth before but lately, gimme chocolate, pastries, cake, pie, whatever!
    I also went through a caesar salad phase.
    Man, I`m hungry for dinner - hope hubbie gets home soon!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12