Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Taking helper on holidays with us

sherwes is offline Registered User

Taking helper on holidays with us

Hi, we are going overseas for CNY and taking our helper. Does anyone know if there are any visa formalities we need to take into account for her to enter HK again? She has a valid visa which says she is permitted to remain in HK until May next year but it doesn't mention anything about whether it is a single entry or mulitple entry visa. I shouldn't think there would be any issues but just want to be sure as I have seen some harsh and illogical immigration rules applied to foreign domestic helpers.

Also, we employed our helper on the standard 24 month contract in May this year. However, her visa says she is only entitled to remain in HK until May 2009 (not May 2010). Is this usual? Do I need to send her home once a year to get her visa renewed?

Thanks

Neha is offline Banned
    U can take your helper on a holiday with u and when she returns she just goes to HK resident line. no problem

Regarding your 2nd question, Did u find your helper in HK and she started working immediately with u without going back home? If she did that then she needs to ho back home before her 1 year visa expires and then when she returns they will give her the visa which would say expires in may 2010.

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User
    You would need to check on the country you're going to as well ...

Neha, I hired her here but immigration made her go home before starting our contract. Does your helper have a two year visa (i.e. matching her 2 year contract?).

HappyV is offline Registered User
    If you are with her, there will be no problem.
    Twice, when my helper has been away and has been at immigration to re-enter, she has been questiosned about why she was out of the country during her contract. so - now, if she goes away, we make sure to provide as letter on a photocopy of our IDs so that immigration won't give her a hard time.

Don't know about the visa - that's wierd.

I have worked it out - her passport expires in 2009 so they wouldn't put a longer visa in it. Apparently, when she renews her passport she can get a longer visa without needing to go back to Philippines. Phew!