Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ergo baby carrier VS Baby bjorn active?

southside852 is offline Registered User

we bought the bjorn when my son was first born - it was fine until around 8 months when my back was just taking a beating. We just bought the ERGO and it's amazing. I wish I would have used it from the start.

musicalmama is offline Registered User

Thank you all for the wonderful insights. I'm a first time mum to be and an avid hiker so I was looking around for a good carrier that will be good for infants and for my back on long walks. I think Ergo seems like a winner....unless there's any other better carriers out there that we don't know about.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

I have the Ergo and love it - my baby is only 7 weeks old but so far so good!! The only down side is that it seems quite hot!!! I don't know how I'd go hiking with it!! Maybe once the babies are older, it's not so bad. My daughter instantly falls asleep every time I put her in it!!

ladybug is offline Registered User

I am an avid hiker and large breed dog owner so I walk a lot! I have both the BB and the Ergo. I detest my BB for my own comfort sake. However, I'm beginning to transition my baby to carry on my back with my Ergo and she is 6 1/2 months. I cannot put her on my back by myself but the Ergo does have instructions on line to help you learn how. Best to practice on a bed. My baby likes to be forward facing but I'm trying to get her out of that habit because I really hate the Baby Bjorn. I only use it in a pinch or for short walks- not a hike. And yes, the Ergo is hot. I also use a Moby wrap which can be wrapped around and the baby be forward facing and the weight be distributed around the waist and hips but yes that is hot too. But what isn't hot here in HK? The Moby takes some practise but I didn't seem to have problems. There is plenty of online support and instructions. If you are a hiker though, you will want the waist support of the Ergo or something similar.

rebekah is offline Registered User

Nicole, once the bub is out of the infant insert it is a lot cooler...before that their ability to maintain their body temp isn't great and malls in HK are cold in summer, so it's not that bad...

TreenJ is offline Registered User

In case you are interested, Choice Australia did a review of both (and various others)

the report can be found here (you have to purchase it), http://www.choice.com.au/viewArticle...3a+Baby+slings

for young babies, it rated the BB ahead of the Ergo (though lot's of mums responded in favour of the Ergo). the report was looking specifically at up to 6 months, not for after this. (the BB is recommended for 3.5 to 12k only)

serimama is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by imamom View Post
    From the reviews:
    "The Baby Bjorn infant carrier has been around for years. It?s design has yet to be surpassed in simplicity and functionality for carrying a newborn child. If you?ve ever worn one you have probably come to both love and/or hate it. For most of parents the original design is so easy to use, you gotta love it. But then, as your child grows and gets heavier you may start to ask yourself, why the heck does it kill your shoulders so darn much? I see so many parents come in with kids around 12-15lbs that just want to get the Bjorn off and get into another carrier. Usually they are looking for the Ergo Baby Carrier or The Beco Baby Carrier. Both excellent products for carrying kids that are past the newborn stage and can spread their legs out. Either carrier can work for a newborn but they just don?t always seem perfect. With The Ergo Baby Carrier you have to use the Infant Insert; with the Beco Butterfly Baby Carrier you have to get the buckle adjustments just right."
    YES!I totally agree your point with baby bjorn. My girl weighs around 18lbs now and it kills my shoulder.

md23 is offline Registered User

I have both Ergo and Baby Bjorn. I prefer Ergo but my son definitely prefers Baby Bjorn because he likes facing outside. I would only use Ergo if I want him to fall asleep in the carrier.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast