Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Ergo baby carrier VS Baby bjorn active?

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianinhk View Post
    Thanka2 I'm interested to know where you found the information about the bjorn being bad for the babies. Just curious about why it is any worse than the other carriers.
    Before a certain age, the Ergo (and all other carriers like it) are unhealthy for the sacrum, spine and back of babies.

The info. is on page 3 of this handout. But, my friend who is a chiropractor and has three children also warned me against putting babies in an upright position too early and also about hurting their backs by having their feet dangling out of a carrier (like the Baby Bjorn). I wasn't aware of this with my first but have been very careful this time around with my second.
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

penelope is offline Registered User
    hong kong
    I just received my Becco carrier and I love it!! I ordered from their us website and got it 3 weeks later.
    I have had babybjorn synergy and Ergo and the Becco is so much better... I m using it with a 11 month old baby but it has an infant insert as well(comes with it not an extra accessory like Ergo)

It wasn't cheap... US$ 140 plus $40 for delivery

blessed is offline Registered User
    hong kong
    we have been using a baby bjorn also but find it's getting more uncomfortable for us & for our 7.5mth boy just shy of 8kg... it really put a lot of pressure of the user and the baby as they get heavier!

heard good things on ergo but hubby does not prefer no option for front facing & find it difficult to put on when trying out our friends'... i usually use a sling which is way more compact and light weight to travel with, work esp well when we were traveling home recently, going through immigration & boarding plane etc...

have been trying to find a beco secondhand with no luck, so just decided to get one from their website and awaiting delivery =)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234