Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pulling his thing

babymama is offline Registered User

Pulling his thing

I have a 13 month old boy. Ever since he was about 6 months or so he started pulling his wee as soon as it was free of diaper. So evertime we change his diaper, he constantly pulls it like he wants to rip it off, as if it wasn't his part! At first i just thought it must be hot/itchy from being covered the whole time. But now i start to worry a bit coz he pulls it to the point were it get very red or sometimes even scratched! Is this normal?

carang is offline Registered User
    for a 13 month old, it is no different than discovering his fingers or his ears or his tongue.

keep in mind that even for a 13 month old, a penis is a very sensitive area and pulling it might "feel good" to him.

turning red merely means that there is more blood flow to the area...

my almost 4 year old is still discovering it and all the feelings associated with it. a couple of nights ago, after a bath with his sister (almost 2) he stood in front of her and told her to "pull my penis"...i had to explain to him that he shouldn't do that because she might hurt him....i didn't make it seem dirty or anything like that, rather that it was just inappropriate behaviour.

MLBW Guest
    My son does that as well. His dad often says, "Whoa buddy...be gentle with that part." As long as he doesn't seem like he's in pain (screaming or crying because of it) I really wouldn't worry about it at all. Boys are very fascinated with this part of their anatomy from a young age and it doesn't change at any time in their life, really. My son hits his private area and pulls so hard on it that we also wonder if one day he'll just manage to tear it off. But...he always has this perplexed look on his face like, "What is that?" Like Carang said--he is just discovering his body parts. Don't worry about it at all-there is nothing you can do but tell him "be gentle." :0) My son is 12 months old.

capital is offline Banned
    ALL boys do this, my 2 and 4 year old included, I suspect they never out grow it. You'd think it would hurt, but I'm sure if it did they'd stop doing it.

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    my son does this too. basically anytime the diaper is off, when he's on the toilet, after a bath, etc. i have started to tell him don't touch your penis unless your hands are clean and he stops immediately. haha i am now waiting for the day when he asks me when it's ok to touch...

sherwes is offline Registered User
    My 13 month old loves nothing more than playing with his penis. He finds it much more interesting than any of his bath toys! I am not sure whether he touches it so much because it feels good or because he thinks that the shape is weird and therefore worthy of further investigation.

He is very rough with it sometimes but he never cries or shows any indication that it hurts so I just let him go for it. If he is anything like most boys I know he will grow out of his fascination with his penis when he is about...oh...60 years old!

MLBW Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sherwes View Post
    My 13 month old loves nothing more than playing with his penis. He finds it much more interesting than any of his bath toys! I am not sure whether he touches it so much because it feels good or because he thinks that the shape is weird and therefore worthy of further investigation.

He is very rough with it sometimes but he never cries or shows any indication that it hurts so I just let him go for it. If he is anything like most boys I know he will grow out of his fascination with his penis when he is about...oh...60 years old!
    Or never...my grandfather is 85+ years-old and has a 60-something-year-old girlfriend and has told me more shockingly dirty jokes than I care to repeat. Healthy men probably never outgrown their fascination with their male parts.

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    *sigh* i am afraid ladies, we are in for a fascinating discovery about men as our boys grow up! I hear from moms with older boys, it gets more interesting than just touching the penis...ahem...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast