- 12-08-2008, 10:18 PM #1
- 12-09-2008, 12:05 PM #2Registered User
- Join Date
- Oct 2008
I had An Oscar scan about three weeks ago. It was a blood test plus a nucha scan. It costs about Hk $1600. Test came out about 5 days later and it concluded that I am at low risk ( vs high risk) and no need to have CVS or Amnio test.
Before we decided, My OB explained the options for testing down symptoms to us and we chose Oscar because we thought it's actuate enough yet safe from miscarriage.
I guess it's worthy because it brings peace of mind. I understand some parents would say that they would have the baby no matter what. But my husband and I chose to get to test for it. Our insurance cover 100% but even if it didn't, I think I would have opted for it.
It really depends on what you think of your pregnancy.
Hope this answers your question.
- 12-09-2008, 12:27 PM #3Registered User
- Join Date
- Nov 2008
- Hong Kong
We had Oscar test and decided not to go forward with Amnio test.
Nucha scan show low risk while blood test was border line at wk 16. These test are all statistical and factored by my age. I could have gone for Amnio test at wk 18, but decided against it due to the risk of miscarriage. I had 2 miscarriages and this pregancy was tricky during the first trimester too.
My OB advised me against Amnio when I saw him at wk 18 too.
Question is whether you want a definite answer at the risk of miscarriage...
No right answer for all really. Good luck!
- 12-12-2008, 11:54 AM #4
- By kharel in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 7Last Post: 05-16-2010, 10:16 AM
- By yan88 in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 7Last Post: 06-18-2009, 09:33 AM
- By sassy in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 10-30-2008, 02:24 PM
- By porkchopfiona in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 7Last Post: 04-27-2007, 02:09 PM
- By luckybaby in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 01-25-2007, 05:13 PM