Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anybody's kids attending PM classes?

HK2008 is offline Registered User

Anybody's kids attending PM classes?

I have a 3-year-old daughter and would like to enrol her in Sun Island Kindy in Tung Chung(we live in Coastal Skyline). However, all the AM classes have been fully booked. Only PM classes are still available. Does anyone's kids go to PM classes in the kindergarten(K1)? What is it like? I guess it's surely better than not going to school at all, considering we don't have a choice here:). I checked with Greenfield kindy and their AM classes are all taken too. Any advice will be appreciated.

TeamNZ is offline Registered User
    Our little man started on PM classes (aged 2 yrs 9 months) at Sun Island Sai Kung, he loved it. A great mixture of english and Cantonese, he is still very happy there now 4.5 yrs.

Actually afternoon suited us better because we could have mornings together and then after school he is very tired, has a little play with friends, home for dinner, homework, reading/playing and then bedtime. Seems to work for him.

The bonus is that the morning classes are often smaller so the kids get more attention from the teacher. We wouldnt change even if we were given the option.

HKfornow is offline Registered User
    My son has attended PM school since he was 2 and we haven't had any problems.

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User
    We were in the same situation and it turned out best for us! We had the choice to go into AM classes the following year and opted to stay in PM. Smaller amount of kids and the thought of trying to get two kids ready and to school by 9am (no helper!) was NOT something I wanted to tackle...

HK2008 is offline Registered User
    I feel so good while reading you ladies replies. Thank you very much indeed as they gave me a lot of encouragement. I won't worry any more about my daughter not being able to be in the 'normal' class. And TeamNZ, I also would like my daughter to learn a little bit of Cantonese. It'll be pretty convenient to communicate locally esp. when ordering dishes in restaurants, etc:)

MamaShirley is offline Registered User
    Hi, I really think AM or PM depends on the schedule of your child. For example, my child usually gets up around 7:30-8am and goes to bed around 9:30pm, and takes 3-3.5 hr nap from 1-4pm, so you see, PM class is definitely out of question for us, she would be so cranky in the PM class. So I guess as long as the class fits your child's schedule, there is really no "normal" or un-normal class.

Kathjen is offline Registered User
    My 4 yo daughter is in a PM reception class. At first, I was not happy to hear that she would go in the afternoon. She attended preschool in the morning, and her little friends would continue to go in the mornings. So this would put a crimp in her (our) social life and schedule. But now that we are settled into this, it is great. She was starting to fight her nap at the beginning of the summer, so we just eliminated it over the summer and it wasn't an issue when she started school in the afternoon. We have nice, easy mornings together. No rushing around, we do as we please. This will end next year when she goes to school for a full day, so now I am truly appreciating the easy days and hassle-free mornings that we have together.

nida is offline Registered User
    my son is also attending afternoon session.What i feel is...ur whole day is taken up but the good thing is u dont need to follow a strict schedule for early nights

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast