Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

TMI - but really need help/advice

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    Ap Lei Chau
    You can find probiotics at IMI too.

I have to say I'm surprised your doctor gave antibiotics to your husband without testing him !! Antibiotics should not be given without any good reason...

Take care :)

Gumboots is offline Registered User

Just to let you know - if you buy probiotics (which probably is a great idea after all those antibiotics), make sure they are a reputable brand from a reputable store and kept in a fridge. If they have been allowed to get too warm, the bacteria dies and you have an expensive tablet of dead useless bacteria.

Best of luck. I hope you get better very soon.

jaetee is offline Registered User
    Probiotics really could help - Udo's Choice from ThreeSixty is a very reputable brand. It is in the refrigerated section of the Wellness Centre.

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    Thanks so much! I will definitely make sure I buy the probiotics that are refrigerated.

Frenchy, now that you say that, I completely agree with you!! I actually think it's really irresponsible to prescribe medication without testing to make sure the person needs it...

HappyV is offline Registered User
    Yakult is full of sugar. By all means, eat yoghurt! But buy a yoghurt with added acidoph. strain that doesn;t have added sugar.

You may also consider using the yogurt as a paste inside the vagina - commonly used as a natural remedy for treating thrush - it can calm the walls of the vagina.

It is also important that you rest. Bacterial infection after infection probably indicates that your imuune system is compromised - and certainly, 7 months of antibiotics seems very strange!

Wear cotton underwear only, and try not to use harsh soaps when you wash.

I hope it clears up for you soon.

val23 is offline Registered User

The new kind of probiotics do not need refrigeration. We are taking Garden of Life brand from the US which is probably one of the best. It's freeze dried. But yes, make sure it did not go through heat.

I never really thought about yogurt but yes it does indeed contain some probiotics. I have those freeze dried too. Yougurmet brand which is I think from Canada. Got it from Amazon. I make my own yogurt once in a while just because I know it is healthy and sugar free and contains live cultures for my family. I've read somewhere in the internet that yogurt which has long expiration date are not really ideal.

Chinese doctor: I go to one named Dr. Lee in North Pt. He is really good except that the lines are super long. No appointments even for long term clients. PM me if you need his contact info.

Good Luck.

gladyswly is offline Registered User
    Tung Chung, Hong Kong

I am sorry I don't have any advice, but I want to leave you a few words to let you know that people here are so kind to help and there is always a listening ear for you. Don't give up, things will be alright and work itself out. Take care.

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    Thank you so much for taking the time to write me everyone!! I just finished my most recent round of antibiotics and have been on probiotics for the past week. I am going to give it another week before I make an appt to see my gyno to check if the bacteria is still there. Hopefully not but if it is, then I will make an appt with either a naturopath or chinese dr. haven't decided which one...

Just wondering, I have heard that it's good to put Yogurt up there...haven't tried that yet but has anyone put probiotics up there and had good results?

Thanks again!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast