Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

TMI - but really need help/advice

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    MLBW, Thanks so much for posting this information!! I am on month 8 of infections and just had another dose of antibiotic injection last week. seems the probiotics didn't work...maybe that's more of a preventative measure? Will go to the dr. again on Tues for a swab to see if the infection is it's still there...

Anyway I will definitely try your recommendation...hopefully that works!!!

Has your infection gone away now?

MLBW Guest
    Hey MilkMonster,

YES! The infection is gone! I took 3 months worth of anitbiotics with no results--except infections that came back every 2 weeks to a month! I believe that the iodine douche is really worth a try. Also, get some probiotics--I forgot to mention, that I'm taking a super dose of probiotics (some that I had from the States--but I just went to a couple of health food stores in Causeway Bay and they also have some) every morning and night. But, man, I feel SOOO much better! Nothing can ruin your life in a more uncomfortable way than constant vaginal problems!

I would just go get some iodine douche as soon as possible and start using it because you really don't have anything to lose--if there is an infection there, it will take care of it...if not, it will simply provide a really good cleansing treatment--at any rate, I think it will likely solve your problem and then you can just work on strengthening your immune system.

Do you take a multi-vitamin as well? I found that since I started taking a really good raw multivitamin my female health issues have gotten easier to handle in general.

I really feel for you and hope that this works for you as it has for me!

dimsum mum is offline Registered User
    hi mm
    i was thinking of you the other day and wondering how it was going (didn't want to ask on your blog)...hope it gets sorted out soon.
    xo

MLBW - i will definitely try the iodine douche. I am so happy for you that you're no longer having infections! I don't take a multivitamin...I usually take Vitamin C...I will try that out as well. Thanks again!

dimsum mum - hey, how are you? haha yes, i am still having these 'health' problems and I am so frustrated...thanks for thinking about me : ) You can be sure I will be posting a very happy post here once I am infection free...until then...sigh...lol xx

Mama moo is offline Registered User
    hi milkmonster,

hope all is well with you. i'm currently in my 23rd week now and also experiencing the same problem as you had before. my doctor prescribed 2 course of antibiotics to me and i'm currently taking probiotics too. just wondering how are you doing with these "health problems". did you manage to get rid of them?
    mama moo

Hi mama moo, I also got your PM but will post my reply here just in case anyone else needs the info.

My infections started after I had my 2nd baby and was continuous for over 12mths. I started the estrogen therapy - vagifem about 3 months ago and since then I have been overall infection free-but it comes back every month and I will start the estrogen again and will be better almost immediately. I am unable to get off the estrogen since the infection comes back about a week after I go off of it. I think I am suffering from something called atrophic vagina (which can be caused by menopause or breastfeeding - anything that would affect your estrogen production. In my case I has 2 babies very close together which was very very hard on my body) which means my body is more susceptible to infection by naturally occurring bacteria that take over since my body is off balance. I too have been taking the probiotics for over 8mths but the estrogen therapy is the only thing that has worked for me. Not sure if you can use it since you are pregnant. you should discuss it with your dr.

I'm sorry you are going through something similar, especially since you are pregnant. It must be very stressful and worrying. With my first pregnancy I had recurrent UTI and was on antibiotics on and off the entire pregnancy. My elder son is now 2.5yrs old and healthy and happy boy. Try not to worry too much. I try to tell myself that things will all work out in the end.

Take care xx

Mama moo is offline Registered User
    hi milkmonster,

thanks for the reply. yeah, i was wondering whether did you get my PM. glad you did!

i've been taking the super hi 8 protency probiotics for almost a week now. i'm also taking the multi-vitamins which given by my doctor. i'm scheduled for another routine check-up next friday and will do the swab test again. hopefully the infections are gone or at least it's improving.

i did the swab test twice and the doctor confirmed i'm suffering a common infection which happened to a lot of pregnant women during their pregnancy - group B streptoccous. like i mentioned before, what really worries me is there is a possiblity of my baby could contract meningitis or pneumonia when delivering via natural birth. i've been reading a lot of medical articles through the web and a lot of of these articles commented the same thing as what i was being told by the doctor. oh well, i just hope that the infection will eventually go away over the next few months before i'm due in mid november.

how are your little boys doing? you must be totally drained out to begin with by taking care two boys! i'm sure you're enjoying motherhood very much. i'm looking forward to that too!

take care. mama moo xxx

Hi Mama Moo,
    Is there an option to take antibiotics at the time of delivery? If so, maybe you can consider this option so you wouldn't have to have a c-section (i had 2 emergency c-sections). I have/had the same strain of bacteria as you. Did you ask your dr. to see if you can take the estrogen?

Hope your infection clears up soon!! Take good care and rest up before baby comes : )

Haha my boys are now 2.5yrs and 15mths and both are good sleepers so overall I am doing ok. Haha need lots of energy to keep up with them though!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast