Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

TMI - but really need help/advice

Mama moo is offline Registered User
    Hi MilkMonster,

My doctor suggested I could take antibiotics shot before the delivery to reduce the infection. But my husband and myself are a bit concern about this, because the baby is still passing through the vagina and may contract pneumonia or meningitis. It seems to me my doctor is pretty chill and told us not to be that worried. But I hate to admit that we're first time parents and it's hard for us not to worry about issues like this. I will find out from my doctor this Friday at the appointment about the estrogen therapy.
    I still haven't decided whether I want to have an elective c-section or natural labour birth. Do you have any advice given about birthing plan?

Do you hire a full-time or part-time nanny to take care of the kids? My husband and myself are planning to hire a full-time helper to help out once the baby is born. I'm thinking to get back into full-time work after the baby. There are times I feel there are so many things I need to be prepared before the baby's arrival and yet I have the slightest idea where to begin!
    I'm sorry if I'm asking too many questions at once!! I have only moved to HK about 3 years ago and I don't know anyone in HK had went through the pregnancy. I'm not working at the moment, therefore I'm only relying on reading articles or books about birth plan and ideas for the baby.
    If you're free or less hectic during the week, perhaps we could meet up in Central for coffee / tea.
    Take care. xxx

Little Giant is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    You can make your own dairy free / sugar free yogurt

Soya milk yogurt (without using the yogurt maker)

The mixture ideally needs to fill a flask in order for the yogurt to stay warm.
    Adjust the quantities if your flask is lager.

Yogurt culture can be bought to use as a starter or use 5ml / 1 tsp of a bought soya yogurt. Even though these normally contain some sugar there will be very little in the amount used. The yogurt will not take as long to set if using soya yogurt or a culture instead of the acidophilus.

570ml / 1 pint / 2+1/2 cup organic soya milk (or other milks such as rice milk or nut milk)
    4 milk free acidophilus capsules (or other broad spectrum probiotic capsules or powder)

1. Bring the milk to boil and then allow to cool to body temperature(a clean finger is sufficient to test).
    Cover the pan to prevent a skin forming.

2. Empty the acidopilus capsules into small basin and add 1 tsp of the warm soya milk,
    mixing until you have a smooth paste.
    Continue adding the soya milk and mixing until the acidophilus is well blended,
    then pour into the pan and stir.

3. Pour the mixture into a warmed vacuum flask, Put the top on and leave to stand for approximately 6 hours or until the mixture just starts to leave the sides of the flask when the flask is tipped.

4. Tip the yogurt out into a container and store in the fridge

(Source: Cooking Without)

Little Giant

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345