Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Frozen v. Fresh food

carang is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    actually, they aren't that bad... they have a familiar taste that i can't place, but more than a touch is too much for me.

MLBW Guest
    Must be a British thing, maybe?

wanfamily is offline Registered User
    Absolutely....along with the dry sense of humour which led me to say it in the first place.(I really need to learn that forums don't portray the twinkle in your eye - it's going to get me in trouble one day!)
    All above said with a smile and a twinkle.

geomum is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by geomum View Post
    Thanks MLBW you have provided me with a wealth of info about buying organic straight from the local farmers. I will be going to the Organic Vegetable Market at Star Ferry Pier tomorrow and also ordering from the Organic Garden Veggie Van :)
    I went to the Organic veggie market at Star Ferry yesterday. It was so refreshing to actually smell REAL veggies, (especially ginger, mint and strawberries :))).
    I personally feel that even the Organic veggies in supermarkets don't smell what real veggies do. Please don't misread me here, I buy veggies from supermarkets all the time, and consider them healthy :)
    We have a big veggie garden back home, and since I was a kid I used to pick my own veggies and grow some too in a little patch my grandpa used to alot us.
    The prices however were little bit high, but I think its fair considering the hard work the farmer puts in to grow and transport his produce. Also there were only 4-5 stalls only, more than enough stuff for me actually. So incase you go there sometime please don't expect anything fancy or you'll be disappointed. I was very happy :))

rani is offline Administrator
    Pokfulam, Hong Kong
    We tried to organize a Strawberry picking trip last Easter. Unfortunately it got canceled because of the weather. Details here:

Things to do over Easter?

Here's the website

MLBW Guest
    Looked that's not the same place that I was referring to but probably is quite close by. Anyway....lots of fun...of course I'm familiar with the ones by our house but I think there are quite a few places like that out here.

Matty is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    Have to agree with wanfamily.
    I do love a Branston pickle and cheese sandwich.

Koan is offline Registered User
    I've been to Tai Tong Lychee Valley, it's interesting and they are certified organic. It's more geared towards schools for field trips though.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast