Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where do you buy meat/ fish for baby?

geomum is offline Registered User

Where do you buy meat/ fish for baby?

Hi all,
    Just wondering where do you guys buy your meat (Pork/ Beef/ Chicken) and fish for you babies/ toddlers??
    I am scared of giving my baby meat from Parknshop/ Wellcome since it comes from China and might be full of hormones and antibiotics. Going to Citysuper or Olivers is a chore and the stuff there is significantly expensive. I am willing to do it if it means better health for my little one. But just wondering is meat from Parknshop/ Wellcome safe for young children??
    Thanks.

carang is offline Registered User
    if you look carefully at the meat at the supermarket, a lot of it DOESN'T come from china...
    they have chicken and beef from brazil
    beef from australia
    not sure about the pork.

i've got two kids, and not a huge budget to be spending at the fancy supermarkets, so a lot of our food comes from the supermarket.

i also buy frozen meat from the meat wholesaler in causeway bay/happy valley

babymama is offline Registered User
    I buy my food from parknshop too. Normally, Aus or NZ beef, Brazil chicken or organic US chicken, Aus pork, and Viet fish or Atlantic Salmon. They also have other kinds of Atlantic/elsewhere fish in the frozen fish section.

Dink is offline Registered User
    We get a lot online from Southstream Seafoods.... its not just fish but meat as well. Its a bit cheaper than City Super anyway and all imported.

AussieMum is offline Registered User
    we buy Australian meat and chicken from Park n Shop (International in Cyberport, but most do supply Aussie meat). Aften babies don't need much so I find that although still expensive, a little goes a long way. Meatmarket.com.hk also solely supplies Australian meat & fish, and do deliver. Extremely good quality. ternderloin.com.hk are also good, and sell a variety of meat from various countries.

miaka is offline Registered User
    jusco has some variety. sometimes if i'm feeling lazy, i just buy bb food (organic baby, earth's best or healthy times) and mix it w/ congee that i've made.

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    I buy from southstream seafoods too. They are really good about calling before delivery and not ringing my doorbell when I specify that at checkout.
    http://www.south-stream-seafoods.com/store/index.html

LeahH is offline Registered User
    360 discount their organic and naturally reared meat and fish a lot of the time, 50% off or sometimes more. I cook it immediately and freeze in small portions that can be defrosted as required. I go maybe once a week and have the food delivered so less of a hassle. They have shopping trolleys in the shape of cars which my little one loves! They also have frozen organic chicken which is handy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast