Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Nic is offline Registered User
    Mid Levels
    When I BF my daughter in public I just use a pashmina, does the trick and I felt it was less obvious, plus I always tended to have one with me should there be an unscheduled need for feeding.

rachelgurr is offline Registered User
    Tai Po
    Sometimes I use a muslin cloth to cover up but more often than not I don't bother. I've never had a negative experience and people generally love to see your baby. After a couple of feeds in public I'm sure you won't care - its a natural thing after all.
    Good luck you will be fine :0)

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Tsuen Wan
    Yeah, I'm also nervous about breastfeeding in public. I never ever see women doing it! Aside from the BF covers, which I don't really like so much, what kind of tops are you ladies wearing?

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    North Point
    I mainly use a muslin wrap as a cover, but I find it very awkward and clumsy feeling, like it's going to come off any second. Also it's harder to get my baby to latch on when I can't see what I'm doing so well!! I tried using a friend's bebe au lait cover and it was AWESOME, I could see the baby without continually adjusting myself, and it was still light and didn't overheat my baby!! So I ordered one for myself, but I haven't got it yet.

For shirts, I have some breastfeeding tops from H&M and some from Australia as well, or I just wear a breastfeeding singlet/tank top with an ordinary top over the top... or a top with buttons... it's a bit of an adjustment though!!

Dink is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    More clothes to buy! This having babies business is expensive :0)

carang is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    i had a cover that i attempted to use...once... i found it terribly awkward and couldn't ensure the baby was latching properly. not only that, but i felt like i was advertising the fact that i was indeed breastfeeding.

i then decide to umm... screw it.... and i did what i needed to do. i quickly overcame any embarrassment when i was confronted by a screaming, starving baby.

i also decided that if anyone had a problem with me breastfeeding, it was exactly that... THEIR problem. my child was merely having lunch.

i also decided that breastfeeding is providing the best possible start in life for my child and it wasn't like i was doing a stripteeze on top of the tables to announce the fact that i was breastfeeding.

by the time baby #2 came along, i had no worries about it at all, other than where i could find a comfortable place to do it.

good luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12