Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Not taking any formula at 6 months

Pea Soup is offline Registered User

Not taking any formula at 6 months

My baby is 6 months old and she just had her vaccinations a few days ago. The day after her vaccination, she stopped taking the bottle! She simply wouldn't drink any formula we gave her. It's been 3 days now and the situation hasn't changed. So when she's hungry, we gave her rice cereal mixed with a little formula (she likes her cereal thick), some porridge with meat and sometimes baby food. She's only 6 months so she can't just stop taking milk cos that's where she gets her nutrients. But there's nothing I can do if she won't take the bottle! Help! Does anyone have this problem?! I hope it's just a phase and she will take her bottle again!

rebekah is offline Registered User
    The first thing I would think of is a possible ear infection or something of the like. I think if it were me, I'd give the doc a call for a look-over...

rebekah is offline Registered User
    and of course she could just be teething...

sprawld is offline Banned
    Hi Pea soup, not sure if you situation has improved but that was exactly what happened with my LO.. He is currently now 9.5 months and have not been drinking milk since 6 months.. we feed him rice cereals exclusively... would love to hear if you had tried something different and it worked..

Pea Soup is offline Registered User
    Thanks everyone for the advice. It's been over a week and my baby still isn't take any formula! She likes her solids so I have to feed her solids at least 3 or 4 times a day. She goes to bed at around 9pm and normally she will have her last solid feed at 7pm. When she gets tired around 9pm she used to take a bottle of formula but lately because she doesn't like formula anymore, she's not taking any even when she is agitated and want something to suck on to get herself to sleep. She still wakes up in the middle of the night (like 3 or 4 am) and only then will she take a bottle.

I guess I can't worry too much. If she rejects the bottle, there's really nothing I can do. I can only make her solids and try to put in as much nutrients as possible. But I try to ensure at least one of her solid feeds is formula with rice cereal, so I guess she is drinking a bit of formula!

Little Sumo is offline Registered User
    try spoon feeding the formulae. been doing that when my son refuses to drink from the bottle. until recently, i managed to talk him into drinking from a mug with a straw.

1510 is offline Registered User
    My LO experienced that when she was 9 months so i spoon-fed her the formula and mixed in a bit of rice cereal to thicken it up. Subsequently, we changed her formula and she has no problem anymore. Dont be discourage, i think it's just a phase.

sprawld is offline Banned
    recently my LO has rejected solids as well and I'm kinda at my wits end.. hopefully this is only a phase coz' if he is not drinking milk and not eating solids.. I'm not sure what else I can do... any ideas?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast