Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Playgroup location

blackxima is offline Registered User

Playgroup location

Hi all,

I would like to know which area / location in HK you want to have playgroup.

Please advise

Janicka is offline Registered User
    What type of playgroup have you got in mind??
    I am looking for a playgroup in Tung Chung...
    What do you think?Can I have some more info please?
    Thanks

Hi Janicka,
    thanks for your info, I am trying to setup a playgroup for moms who is looking for playgroup, that's why I am trying to get a lot of info and find out which area most of the moms wants.

MLBW Guest
    Oh, you are also running another thread on here at the same time--I think you posted a new thread instead of replying to the old thread that you have going. You are setting up the playgroup for Tai Po, right?

carang is offline Registered User
    as a playgroup owner, i can tell you, it is an AWFUL lot of work, but totally worth it. the kids are amazing and you can't help falling in love with them! at least, i can't!

however, i spend at least 60 hours per week working...not always at work but planning etc. it isn't as easy as some would think.

good luck!
    ps> as to location... every mother would say...

1) easily accessible
    2) easily accessible
    3) easily accessible

so this means...
    1) close to MTR
    2) have cheap parking available
    3) lots of bus stops VERY near by

Thanks for the reply. MLBW, yes, I have another thread for taipo playgroup/coffee meeting. I hope to meet you someday! I am also doing some little research on where is the best location to have playgroup (like a centre).
    Thank you Carang, for your information. What you say here is soo true. I wonder where is your playgroup located? I would love to visit with my baby if you have an opening sometimes!

Thanks!

carang is offline Registered User
    also, keep in mind that it will take you a while to build up your students to the point that you are making any money at all.

you will need good-quality toys, such as can be found at Bumps-to-babes, not the crap quality stuff at toys'r'us.

it is VERY expensive to get a good playgroup going. (I'm not trying to discourage you, merely pointing out what you may not realise.)

I have spent in the past 8 months about $60,000 on toys/furniture, $10,000 on books, $30,000 on arts & craft materials.

I run a modest playgroup centre. currently we have less than one hundred children per week.

rachelgurr is offline Registered User
    Hi Blackxima

I would definitely be interested in a play group in the Tai Po area. Everything always seems to be on the island which is always a drag to get to, so something local would be perfect. Hope to meet you sometime perhaps at the Tai Po playgroup/coffee meeting :0)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast