Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Issues with helper

hkaussie is offline Registered User
    Yes, it doesn't have to be either laugh AT the child, or coddle them. We usually say 'oh dear, up you get' or 'whoops, that was funny' or something like that, as Cara also says.

putput is offline Registered User
    Thank you to those of you for your non-judgemental feedback, and no thanks to the judgemental feedback. I let off steam with quite a long rant and of that rant, some have got caught up on the 3 words 'my daughter slips' and feel the need to tell me how I should respond as opposed to my issue with how my helper responds to this and other situations. With regards to the word 'sexy', it helps to know that this is simply a misunderstanding in terms of what the word means so thank you for advising. I have told her I find the word inappropriate but she forgets and repeats. She has already upset my guests by calling their 2 year old daughter sexy. I appreciate the responses and now realise I am not being sensitive after all. Thanks all.

carang is offline Registered User
    putput, it actually sounds as if you are more than a little sensitive about more than your helper.

not one person wrote anything at all judgemental. we all wrote our opinions, as YOU requested. if you are only looking for opinions that echo your own, then a public forum is not necessarily the right place.

i'm very sorry that you took offence to anything that anyone said, i'm sure that it was not meant to cause any.

aussiegal is offline Registered User
    Carang, a quite ironic thread in the end! Pls give me advice but only advice I want to hear. Isn't that what husbands are for :)

And Val, you are completely overreacting. No one said anything that suggests we have a massive belly laugh when our children or anyone else falls over. I find it hard to believe you would think any reasonable parent would ever do such a thing and openly admit it on a forum.

'Laughing it off' is something quite different. It is healthy to raise strong tots able to realise when they are not actually hurt as opposed to cry babies who go to tears for the tiniest of accidents.

Fair enough. I guess 'judgemental' was a strong word to use.

Woah! This is not a case of 'give me advice I want to hear'. I appreciate the advice given and would not have said so if I didn't. I have also apologised for saying 'judgemental' which I recognise was unfair.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123