Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

is food steamer also good for bottles??

solidstars is offline Registered User

is food steamer also good for bottles??

i first saw in a magazine a steam steriliser that is designed for disinfecting baby bottles, but when baby starts weaning could be used for steaming meat/fish/veggies.

in hong kong, the sterilisers i've come across seem to be either for bottles or for food, and not multi (for when child starts weaning?)...

just wondering if anyone knows of any brand of steam sterilser that can be used for bottles first then for food later? i saw this german pool multi steam steriliser earlier today that LOOKED like it could but as i have no experience wanted to see what other more experienced moms thought?

It was the Multi-Tier Food Steamer FST H660? http://www.germanpool.com/eng/products/p_fs.php The one i saw on the magazine was NUK but not available in hk...

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    I've been using this food steamer for both food and bottles:

The Tefal Steam Cuisine is a food steamer which doubles as a sterilizer; the middle rack can be removed to accommodate bottles.

more info here:
    http://blog.milkmonsterlaughs.com/20...sterilize.html

thanks milkmonster! that's really good advice and price so will definitely check it out. just wondering, how long was it before you started feeding pureed foods?

weishy is offline Banned
    HI agreed with milk monster with those fantastic functions of the steamer(any brands actually)

used to use microwave for warming up food,now i use mostly my steamer and oven :)

I started feeding pureed foods at 6mths for boy my boys : ) have fun!

sorry!! i mean rice cereal at 6mths and pureed foods at 7mths!!

thanks weishy, milkmonster! i'm a nervous-going-to-be-mother of a boy (due March) and so bad in the kitchen so any advice on appliances that will make my life easier is definitely welcomed!

btw, when you say rice cereal do you mean breakfast type cereal or porridge/congee type rice cereal?

you will be a great mom!! we all try our best and thats what counts. For babies, you really dont have to be a good cook. pureed fruits and veggies are really just fruits and veggies steamed and then pureed. even toddlers will eat plain foods if that is all they've been eating from the beginning. no need to do anything special and no need to add anything!! you can try mixing fruits and veggies, meat and veggies, etc. but i wouldn't worry about all of that now!!! you will have 6mths with the baby before you have to worry about solids and it will take a few months to get your mommy-legs in the beginning so all you will be thinking about is milkfeeds, sleep, poop...haha

rice cereal - baby rice cereal they sell in the grocery store.

as for appliances, i just use the steamer and philips cucina blender. i have heard from other moms that they prefer a hand-held blender so you may want to check that out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast