Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Can you recommend books for over 3years old?

sysiawase is offline Registered User

Can you recommend books for over 3years old?

Hello!

I wonder which books I should buy for my 2.5years of daughter. She has some books written in non-English as we are not an English native speaker. I would like to buy English books for her which are creative stories or stories from which she can learn about things around her.

Can anyone recommend books which is suitable for above 3 years old and where to get them? It doesn't matter if they are set books (+10) or a single book.

Many thanks for your advice!

Sleuth is offline Registered User

Look at anything by Dr. Seuss. He's creative and he tell stories but it might not be exactly what you are looking for. You can find them in Dymocks and Page One (as well as Amazon). Depending on what you want to count, he has about 50 books out there.

carang is offline Registered User

i LOVE Robert Munsch books, as does every single child i read them to. i run a playgroup and i must say that his books are the most requested.

they are difficult to find, but you can order them on amazon.com

dr seuss is also very good. the best thing to do though, is to go to a good bookstore (check out BOOK BUDDY) in ocean terminal next to toys'r'us, and have a look at the books with your daughter.

Portia is offline Registered User

Richard Scarry's books are wonderul - lots to talk about as the pictures are both detailed and amusing

lesliefu is offline Registered User

Eric Carle has some good books too! There is a children's library at the Central Library in Causeway Bay, have heard many good reviews, perhaps you could bring your daughter there to see which ones she likes and buy those for home.

twinsmum is offline Registered User

ALL of Julia Donaldson's book - mine are 2.5 yrs old and love them, esp Monkey puzzle and Gruffalo books..

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User

My now 4 1/2 year old loves Angelina Ballerina books, also the ones from Mo Willems (Don't let the Pigeon drive the bus, don't let the pigeon stay up late and we recently bought another version here in HGK at Dymocks, the Pigeon wants a puppy). They're great! We found them through story time at Barnes & Nobles back in the US.

She also likes the books from Curtis Cornell (today I feel silly) and the ones from Olivia (the pig).

Most of them she had for quite a while but she still seems to like them.

And my 2 yo (twin girl) also loves the Dora books ... can't go wrong with those.

rani is offline Administrator

We loved Julia Donaldson and and Sandra Boynton. We sell these books and more on ShopinHK

http://www.shopinhk.com/birth-3-c-36.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast