Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Light spotting on due date normal?

TeamNZ is offline Registered User

Light spotting on due date normal?

I suspect this is normal but would love to hear from others.

I was due yesterday and noticed today very slight spotting, have thought I might be in labour a couple of times but turned out to be nothing (I managed to fall asleep and wake up in the morning.)

This is my second but as my first was induced I have no experience with any pre-labour symptons.

My next checkup is 2 days away Tuesday (public - POW) and feedback would be really really appreciated.

ambalfe1 is offline Registered User
    Hi there,

The night before I went into labour I had light spotting, I slept through the night and went to work the next day. The spotting continued the next day and the labour pains started late morning and increased throughout the day.

Our son arrived the next morning. Good luck!

MLBW Guest
    Many women have what's called a "bloody show" before they go into labor--which starts when they lose the cervical plug. In the day before I went into labor I had spotting and then later lost the cervical plug--but by that point I was having consistent contractions every 10 minutes or less for more than 12 hours so I was definitely in labor. My amniotic sac never broke on it's own--I just had them break my waters toward the end of labor right before my son was born--I had read that having the amniotic sac still intact during labor can lessen back labor. Sounds like you're getting close to having a baby. Hope all goes well.

rani is offline Administrator
    I started spotting on the Friday. It got a bit heavier by Sunday and that's when my water broke. Didn't have any contractions until I was int the hospital. Hang in there. Could be another 48 hrs.

TeamNZ is offline Registered User
    Thanks very much all the feedback is really helpful, incredible how different it is for everyone.

I am feeling really quite uncomfortable (still light spotting) but nothing consistent in regards with contractions. Seems like I might have "contractions" for 1- 2 hours and then nothing for a couple of hours.

Guess we will just sit tight for the next 24 hours until the checkup.

The discomfort I can handle, I am more aware that I didnt want to place bump under any unnecessary stress.

I am back at work today that should keep my mind off things - ha ha