Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Feedback on Dr. Thondup/Dr. Fuong

southside852 is offline Registered User

If you use Dr. Thondup as a pediatrician, I would love to have your feedback.

We currently use Dr. Leo Chan in Central, but am thinking of changing to one on the southside as it's closer and am torn between Dr. Thondup and Dr. Rulin Fuong who is part of Lucy Lord's group.

If you have had an experience with either one, would love to hear from you!

Thanks!

plumtree is offline Registered User
    I have not used Dr. Thondup but Dr. Fuong has a really nice manner about her and my child likes her. I've only seen her for straightforward things, but she was great! Dr. Chan, in the same group (GP) is great too, and the set up at Southside makes it really convenient. Hope this helps!

kashismum is offline Registered User
    I took my second to see Dr Thondup for the first few months. He's great - very easy, relaxed manner, very supportive of (extended) breastfeeding but very expensive.

LeahH is offline Registered User
    I really like Dr Thondup, he's reassuring, supports BF as Kashismum says above and does not medicate unless absolutely necessary. He is usually very busy so you have to wait most times, but this is because he never turns anyone away meaning you can always get an appt if you need one.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    great to hear such positive feedback on both ends - thanks everyone!

wenyihsu is offline Registered User
    We've been seeing Dr Thondup for the last couple of months. I really like him. He's very gentle with my boy. And like LeahH says, he does not medicate unless absolutely a must. I have found that the wait isn't too bad at the Southside clinic. The wait is roughly about 30 minutes at the Central clinic but it's really not too bad considering the appointments were all very last minute.

josoo is offline Registered User

We use Dr. T for our two kids. He's great for emergencies, but I would recommend you look into another doctor for as well, because he is expensive. He's from Tibet, part of the Dalai Lama family, and is a true Buddhist therefore he is quite chilled.

A regular appointment sets you back at least $700 for consultation and $350 for medicine. The doctors/peds at the hospitals are also quite good and they usually have one/two on rotation. I find Adventist, along Stubbs Road, quite convenient. There's always parking and they take appointments from 9am onwards, meaning you call at 8am when they are open and someone's there to answer the phone, otherwise you have to page Dr. T.

It really depends what you looking for, because it took me 2.5 years to find the right set of doctors and there will always be something that you won't like about them.

I like taking my kids to Repulse Bay to see Dr. T as it generally quieter there and less crowded. His Central practice is like a zoo....

I tried to use Dr. Fuong but she was always too busy...never ever got an appointment and gave up in the end.

Healthquest, Happy Valley pharmacy, is also a great place and I find a lot of US drugs there for the kids. Its saved me quite a few trips to the docs by going to Healthquest...its much better than Watsons.

beckveldman is offline Registered User
    I've seen both of the paeds you mention, and in my recollection both charge reasonably similarly, and both have personable manner and are good with the children.

However, Dr Thondup is my first choice. His paradigms are most closely aligned with mine (pro BF, intervention only when necessary but then the full treatment asap), and I also have higher confidence in his abilities with unusual cases (based on my own experience with my ex-prem son.)

It really is often a personal choice based on alignment of common beliefs and goals and personality.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast