Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Due September 2009

daisygirl is offline Registered User

Thanks StargazeLilly, I thought as much, I dont see the point in going to see the docter just to see how I feel and then it costing me at least $750 a time, the first and only time I went it cost me $1599,that was for 15 mins of her time, a blood test ,materna and folic Acid .
    When I went to see Dr Cori yesteday for the first time,I had more blood tests and my first scan and that cost $2500.

So I think I will just go to Dr Cori each month and it costs what it cost a....and I think Ill have a trip home in April/May and go see my doctor there and tell them of my plans and see what they say, but it is sooo expensive to have a baby herea?!

I saw Dr Cori at 4.30, and she had more people coming in so am sure 5pm will be fine and it is opend on Sat, her number is:2525 9213 / 2523 3328.

Hope this helps.

xx

Jjald is offline Registered User

UNBELIEVABLE! Just had a meeting booked for Tuesday lunchtime. How are you all fixed for Monday or Wednesday? So sorry ladies...

Pre-natal yoga at lunch time was good. Not exactly hard work compared to normal Hatha etc, but a good stretch never did any harm. Ladies with various sized bumps, right up to some about to pop! I think it would be more beneficial later in pregnancy, or for beginners but I will continue to go in conjunction with "normal" classes.

daisygirl is offline Registered User

All ways happens that way, dont worry, am free any day hun, so just let me know.
    Hope your all well xx

CindyB is offline Registered User

Dear Due Sept 2009 "gang",

I am new to Geobaby and definately new to this forum. Hope it's still ok to join you guys.

I assumed a pregnancy after not having my period last month and after doing a home test but did not want to read too much into it yet. This Monday I have been to the GP for flu treatment, when he did another test. So appearantly I am pregnant. I still can't believe it somehow!

And having followed all your comments in this forum I feel like I am totally behind everything. Gyn visit, registration.... I am not even sure what to do first and how everything works in HK. I have a basic idea but still many questions.

Well, currently I am waiting for my insurance to tell me what they cover and what not. Then I thouht I decide to go either private or the public way. Hope my insurance answers soon so that I can get started.

Any advice from your side is highly welcome.

Talk to you soon

Flack is offline Registered User

Hi CindyB
    Welcome to our little group and congratulations!!

I dont have much advice for you, other than they book you in for private hospitals really early here, I know Matilda is 9 weeks, so you need to decide fairly early which hospital you want (which often depends on the doctor). No doubt you will be given all the info at your OBGYN visit, but there is a fair bit of information on the individual hospital websites where you can get an idea of costs and booking procedures/deposits etc.
    So really the first thing you need to do is decide on a Doc and go from there, you can always see a private OB and then deliver publicly. If you are unsure of which Doc there is a list on this website somewhere and plenty of opinions!! Good Luck!!

Jjald, I am fine for Mon or Wed. I found the prenatal yoga a bit easy too at this stage, but better than nothing, although I haven't been the last two weeks as I've been too nauseous! Hoping to get back into it next week.

Hi Everyone, and welcome CindyB. Don't worry, I don't know anything! I am hoping that my gyn appointment tomorrow and hospital appointment next week will help!

If you are really feeling in the dark then Annerley midwives do an early consultation for about $250 where they take you through the basic HK process.

I'll start a new lunch thread as it's getting confusing. Plus, gyn appointments, vomiting and sore boobs don't go so well alongside talk of lunch dates!!

Second day back at work after my holiday and I am exhausted!

Amy

CindyB is offline Registered User

Hi Flack,

thanks so much for your quick reply. Yes, I heard bookings for hospitals are made very early here which is crazy somehow. Anyway,,,

I was also thinking of doing some prenatal activities like yoga, and that it is easy sounds very good to me, as I usually don't do any sports. Any places you can recommend?

Would like to meet up with you some time as well. I am sure you have a lt of valuable input for me.

Cheers

CindyB

Come to lunch next Weds if you like, would be great to see you.

I go to Pure Yoga in Central. You can go too on a trial class, you just need to call them. The number is 2971 0055.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast