Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Due September 2009

Jjald is offline Registered User
    Good tip, I'll try that at home later, thanks!

Little Lamb is offline Registered User
    Great news that your scan went well Jjald! I have my scan on Mon and I cannot wait. I am hanging to know the EDD. Wish me luck at Tsan Yuk tomorrow ... hopefully I will not have to wait too many hours! Will let you all know how it goes and what actually happens. xx

Jjald is offline Registered User
    Oooh, let me know how long it takes. Mine is next Saturday, just after my brother arrives from London, I'm realy hoping it won't take too long!

Hi Girls,

I went to Tsan Yuk today to register, it was all pretty simple and efficient and the staff very friendly. It is simply a registration and you do not see a doctor just nurses.

First you have to give over all your documentation - yours and hubbys id cards, referral letter, proof of address and then they measure your height. They did not take weight or blood pressure or anything like that - just height - weird! Then they give you a record book and booklet of info (really good) and ask you to fill in personal details. Once the group is all ready they take you over together to watch a video with info about the antenatal process and downs syndrome. It went for about 1/2 hr. Then you get called in one by one to meet with the nurse to discuss previous history, details of pregnancy etc. Depending on your info she may refer you to see another nurse who is associated with the high risk dept. Then you have a blood test for HIV, RH factor etc. Once you have then made your first antenatal appt (mine is at 12 weeks) you are free to go.

We got there at 10.30am cause I had read in another thread to be early. I would suggest to get there earlier than 11am but no need to get there really early cause they seemed to wait for everyone anyway before they would show the video and then the appt with the nurse after that and blood test was really efficient and quick. Today was not very busy (def no more than 10 ladies for the 11am english slot). I am not sure if this is the case every week. We were finished by 12.30pm and it did not cost anything.

As for scans it was hard to get a straight clear answer on that one and I think that is because it is run by another dept. One thing I can confirm is that at my first anenatal appt I have booked there is no scan on that day.

Anyway, I hope this helps those who are going to register in the coming weeks. Let me know if you have any questions.

xx

hk-mum is offline Registered User
    Hi ladies and congrats to u all,

Count me in too:)
    I'm due for September but really not sure how things work in Hong Kong....I mean the advance booking in hospitals, which hosp. to choose etc. etc.

Little lamb, cud u tell me how is this Tsan Yuk hospital and does this mean you're getting your check up done by a private doctor simultaneously?

goodbye kitty is offline Registered User
    I've been rumbled! I went out for Birthday drinks last night. I have told one close friend so far and I guessed that my other friends suspected but were respecting my silence (it's out of character for me not to drink on my birthday....detox or not!). One friend totally outed me in a very public way which made me super uncomfortable. I wasn't about to deny and I didn't have any quick answers so it's just clear to all from my red facedness! I'm so annoyed at this girl today (hormones not withstanding!!!). Perhaps she just didn't think that there's a reason she's still in the dark! I've had spotting for the last 3-4 weeks and while everything seems to be progressing well, I'm obviously very worried about the possibility of miscarriage still. My friend that knows can't really understand my fears (never been pregnant). Plus, today I have a sore throat! I'm worried about seeing my doctor because he's a serial over-medicator, from past experience. Maybe I'll wait it out for a day first.

There we have it...rant over! Only 3 weeks until that magical second trimester when life should get a little less complicated!

Flack is offline Registered User
    Oh Goodbye Kitty that's not nice of your friend to do that to you in public. I am pretty sure that 2 of my friends know, but both having been pregnant before so are not saying anything which is nice.

I had a sore throat a couple of weeks ago (I get them all the time) and I decided not to go to the docs as I knew it wasn't an infection. I just made sure I kept an eye on my temperature, and it went away in a couple of days. Maybe ask your doc if medication is really necessary or if you can try natural remedies.

I also can not wait for these last three weeks to hurry up and be over!!

Take care

Had my scan yesterday and all well. I am 9 weeks and my EDD is 13 September. So many of us a due so close together - how great is that!

Welcome hk-mum! It sounds like firstly you need to decide whether you will be delivering in the public or private hospital. I am delivering in the public at the Queen Mary but you need to go to Tsan Yuk for resigtration and the antenatal check ups. I am also seeing a private dr for appts at the same time and this practice is very common in HK.

xx

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast