Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Due September 2009

Mommytobe is offline Registered User
    Hi CherA,

I have thought about not working too after giving birth but don't think we can afford it right now and because of the downturn of the market, I rather keep my job. I know its a tough decision especially you have two kids at home. It would be a dream to stay home and take care of my child but I know we need my salary too to make it comfortable for all of us. Oh well, modern moms right? haha

Good luck with everything and hope to meet you someday.

Cheers
    Sharon

CherA is offline Registered User
    Hi Sharon,

That's exactly how I feel too... in view of the market downturn it seems wise to keep the job. I don't want to put extra burden on hubby's shoulders too. But you know, this second baby I have is most probably going to be the last baby I gonna have... and I so want to experience the true 'motherhood' - bringing him to playgroups, strolling him to the park, library, or the beach... there are so much I can do with the kids during weekdays, day time on weekdays. And if I don't do it now, I won't get a chance to do this when they start going to school...

Or maybe just quit and spend time with kids for a few years and then find a job again after they start attending school? I don't know I'm brainstorming the different possibilities.

Good luck to all of us. I do hope to meet you someday too :)

1stBabyHK is offline Registered User
    Hi Madre2,
    I had no idea that the bed booking dilemma would be what it is. When I went in for my blood test at 5 weeks, my OB pressured me to think about where I would deliver, and he booked Matilda right away. I keep reading these stories online about how competitive these spaces are. There are other women in this group who are also delivering at other hospitals in HK who can share more. Have you booked a spot here?

I work during the week but am home on weekends, but I'll be in Tokyo this weekend. Want to meet up for lunch one of the following weekends?

goodbye kitty is offline Registered User
    I have sad news. We lost the pregnancy over the weekend. It's still quite a shock but we're taking care of one another.

I wish you all the very best of luck and will pop in from time to time.

Hopefully I will have happier news in the months to come.

Flack is offline Registered User
    Goodbye Kitty

I'm sorry to hear of your sad news.

Wishing you all the best for the future.
    Take care of yourself

xx

Flack is offline Registered User
    Hi Madre2 and 1st BabyHK

I am delivering in Matilda and had no trouble getting a bed. My OB sent off my application for me and it was confirmed when I was nine weeks to the day. I did however need to pay a $20 000 deposit within 4 weeks, so I waited until after my next ultrasound (at 10.5 weeks) and once that was all ok, I paid the deposit and received confirmation the same day.
    I did notice on their website however that they were full until Aug but had beds for Sept.
    The advice my OB gave me was just not to leave it too late as most women will book at 9 weeks as per the hospital policy.

Jjald is offline Registered User
    So sorry to hear your news Goodbye Kitty.

Wish you well, and fingers crossed for happier times ahead.

Takre care,

Amy

Little Lamb is offline Registered User
    I'm so sorry Goodbye Kitty. It is good to hear you are taking care of one another and supporting each other through this difficult time. Take care and I wish you all the very best going forward.
    xx

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast