Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Due September 2009

Flack is offline Registered User
    Good luck for your scan tomorrow Jjald! I still have 9 days til mine.

Jjald is offline Registered User
    I'm quite nervous actually! Keeping my fingers crossed that I actually get to see / hear something.

Will keep you posted tomorrow.

SarahinHK is offline Registered User
    Hi Amy, Flack, GK and all others,

Congratulations on your pregancies! I too am pregnant, still in shock about the whole idea, and all things going well, due on September 1. Today I am 7 weeks and 1 day and have my second scan tomorrow. I had my first scan at 6w3d because I was bleeding and cramping and the scan was able to detect the tiny embryo and sac and even a heart beat! It was certainly an enlightening moment, the whole reality of being 'pregnant' set in at that moment. The doctor said that seeing the heart beat was a very good sign but only time will tell what will happen next.

I had been thinking of doing the public health system but the bleeding panicked me so I booked an appointment with a private OB straight away. I was even able to get in on the day I rang. The cost however was the real shock to the system - ouch! I can see how the public system will be easier financially but at the moment I prefer the attention of a private OB, especially as things are so uncertain with the pregnancy. No doubt however that I can always transfer to Tsan Yuk in later weeks.

Being so early in the pregnancy, the only thing I'm experiencing is fatigue, but that too could also be due to the fact that I am trying to organise my wedding...and deliberating about doing more study...!

Anyway, I've been in HK since April 08 and am originally from Melbourne, Australia. I'm the first of our friends to be pregnant, so hiding the fact is proving interesting! I think my fiance enjoys getting to have my glasses of wine however!

Nice to meet you all.

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

I have had the odd half glass of wine and then dump it when nobody is looking. January is quite easy as I can tell people I am detoxing after Xmas!

I still don't "feel" pregnant and forget about it for large chucks of the day. If all goes OK tomorrow maybe I will start to think about it a bit more!

I am not feeling that tired at the moment, doubt I will get away with that one though and it will hit in the next few weeks - my doctors said from about week 7. I am definitely hungrier though, which I am pretty sure is a bad thing for the scales!!

Hope that all continues to go well for you. Let's all keep in touch, and maybe after we have all been scanned arrange a meet up. No wine though :-(

Flack is offline Registered User
    Hi Sarah

Good luck for your scan today.
    We are still also in shock over the private costs but at this stage are thinking its the way to go.
    I am also finding hiding it can be a little difficult especially as I was in Australia for Christmas/New Year. I am finding the New Years Resolution line works quite well to get out of drinking alcohol! :)

goodbye kitty is offline Registered User
    Ha ha! I had to use the old antibiotics card last night but that's not going to cut it for long! Also I hear that apple juice with a bit of soda can look just like white wine to the untrained eye....you just have to go up to the bar and order in stealth mode!

Good luck at the scan today, Amy...hope there's plenty to see!

I think I'm due a week later than I predicted...so mid-Sept.

Could see the sac and a grain of rice but not much else :-(

But, at least it's in the right place, just have to wait a few more weeks!

goodbye kitty is offline Registered User
    Nevermind! It's nice to know there's something (or someone) in there though. My next scan is right after CNY so I'm looking forward to a bit more action from the wee one.

I'm starting to get a few more symptoms which is reassuring. I'm getting dizzy spells and sore boobs but thankfully no sickness ;)

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast