Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Due September 2009

Flack is offline Registered User
    Hi All

Goodbye Kitty, we are due two days apart! I am the 16th Sept.

Wishing I was feeling as well as you all. The nausea has subsided a little, I think the use of sea bands has helped somewhat, but now I have a nasty head cold to deal with! Grrr!

Jjald, I'm sure one facial will be fine, try not to worry too much, although it's easier sad than done!

xx

Jjald is offline Registered User
    I think I am due the 11th, will hopefully find out next Friday.

Thanks so much for looking up about the facial - I am calm about it now, I think it just shocked me that they used it without telling me! Anyway, so sweet of you - thanks again.

Which hospitals are you all due to give birth at?

goodbye kitty is offline Registered User
    Amy, I know all too well how scary this stage is and all I can say is that you are right to stay calm and try to put it behind you. When I found out I was pregnant (4wks 4days), I looked back on the weeks prior (Christmas and NYE) and seemed to have consumed every 'not while pregnant' item on the list! I'm sure the lists are there simply to guide us. I started having a small reaction to shellfish with my throat becoming sore and I'm now obviously avoiding it.

I'm going through the public system since my medical insurance doesn't cover pregnancy. Although I'm a little jealous of the lovely facilities in Matilda etc, I'd rather keep the $40K for my baby!

Main symptom for me is exhaustion. I'm asleep as soon as I finish my eveing meal!

Flack is offline Registered User
    Hi All

Goodbye Kitty I was exactly the same as you and ate everything I shouldn't have over the Christmas/NY period! I even did a pregnancy test on NYE to know if I could have a few drinks. I was negative so I went right ahead! I was a bit stressed when a second test came back positive 2 days later! Oh well, can't do anything about it now!

I am hopefully going to Matilda to give birth. Our insurance doesn't cover the entire cost, we have to make a co payment, but its not as bad as if you had to cover it yourself. I did give serious thought to QM, but in the end thought I'd be more comfortable at Matilda. I am not having a private room though, that was way out of the budget!!

Take care
    xx

I'm QM too.

Our insurance doesn't cover private, I may have to have a C-section due to a back problem, and even my doctor flew from London to use QM as she was based in the UK at the time! I may have a private room depending on the cost as we do get an allowance from my husband's company. I am sure that the accommodation will not even be close to a private, and if we had insurance would not even think twice, but I'll just want to get home asap anyway!

I don't really have an issue with it, I've never been to the Matilda so at least I don't know what I'm missing!

daisygirl is offline Registered User
    Hi ladies,
    Iv just found out ( 2 days ago )that I have a surprise coming in Sep!!
    Bit of a shock,but getting used to it, I did 2 home tests and both were positive,so went to the docs on Friday,going back on Mon to get my blood results to see how far gone I am, I think its about 5/6weeks,just dosent seem real....could the tests be wrong I keep thinking lol.
    Any ways, Iv been in HK 2 years,but all my friends are mostly single and ALL childless,so just want to make new friends who are in the same boat,as its all a bit over welming...
    Wish my mum and sis were here from the UK!!!

Love to chat soon, x

Hello! I know what you mean, although my Mum is desperate to book a flight for a MONTH (!) in September. I have so far got her to agree to wait until I have had my first scan!

Good luck for the doctors on Monday. I am a total novice too, so don't worry about it, I'm assuming that the knowledge will come in due course...

daisygirl is offline Registered User
    Haha, I think Most of my family would jump on aflight tomo,If I would let them...Nice to know they all care so much tho.

Thanks about the doctors,cant wait,just want to knw how far I really am gone..

Am reading so many books and things online,hope I wont feel like a novice for 2 long,but I think the real knowledge will indeed come in time...

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast