Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Due September 2009

Jjald is offline Registered User
    I have a great doctor - Lily Wong - based part time in QHC in Princes Building. She is from London, and really down to earth if you have any questions.

I don't have their number to hand, but let me know if you would like it.

daisygirl is offline Registered User
    Thanks alot,the doctor am seeing is from Scotland and seemed nice when I met her last friday, so Ill see how I get on tomo.

By the way, hope this is'nt a rude question, but wondering how old we all are? Am 27 (28 in Oct ) and still feel so young!?!?! x

Flack is offline Registered User
    Hi Daisygirl

Welcome to the group! Good luck tomorrow at the doctors.

To answer your question, I am 29, 30 in a couple months.

Hi Flack,
    Thanks for the welcome,so happy to have found this site.
    And were near enough the same age then,how are you finding it?
    Do you work?
    I think I want to have the baby in the uk,just reading up on it now,just seems so long away,but to excitting not to think about x

Hi Daisygirl

My pregnancy wasn't unexpected, but I was still quite surprised to see the pink lines on the test! I am like you and I still think of 30 as young, however most of my friends here have kids so I guess that makes it a bit easier.
    I have been feeling pretty lousy with nausea though and am waiting for that to pass, and hoping it happens quickly!
    We moved to HK for my husbands work and I had been looking for work, but I dont think I'll bother now.
    If you plan to go home to have the baby, just keep in mind that most airlines will only let you fly after 30 weeks with a medical certificate saying that your pregnancy is normal, so you might want to have a back up plan and let your doc here know that is your intention so they can advise you early if there are any issues.
    September does seem so far away at the moment doesn't it, but it is hard not to get swept up in it all.

Let me know if you want to meet up to chat, I have been a little house bound with the dreaded nausea, but am hoping to get back to normal in a week or two!

Take care
    xx

Hi,
    Mine was a big shock!!! I had to do 3 tests as I kept thinking,hmmm mayb there wrong hehe,but we are both happy now that we are over the shock.
    None of my friends have got kids,altho my sister has 3 a boy of 5 and 6 month old twin girls,and I didnt want to be older then 30 when I started trying for a baby any way,so seems things happen for a reason.

I moved here 2 years ago with my boyfriend,for his work,I didnt work and then ended up getting a litle part time job Sep just gone that I love,so hopeing that some how I can keep that,but Ill just wait and see.As for you no I owuldnt bother either,your be getting a job any way,full time mummy...

I am just looking into all my options now and will speak to the docter tomo,are you going private or public?

Am feeling ok, just get waves of sickness all day (altho thankly not throwing up yet) and could just sleep for ever and yeah and my boobs are hugh and killing me all day every day,o the joy!!!

Where you from back home?

I would love to meet up some time, pm me your cell and ill text you to arrange something, be great to make some friends who are in the same boat.

You take care 2 xx

Jjald is offline Registered User
    Hi Flack & Daisygirl,

I am the oldest :-(

I will be 31 in June!

I work full time at the moment, but will either stop or go part time once the baby is here. I work in Central and live in Mid-Levels so not too bad.

If there's room for a third member I'd love to join too.

Speak soon ,

Amy

Hi Daisygirl

I sent you a PM. I am in Central so I guess we are not too far apart!

I decided to go private and am going to Matilda with Dr Grace Cheung from Dr Lucy Lords practice. We don't have full insurance, but at least we only have to make a co payment.

Originally I am from Australia and I did think about going home for the birth, but decided that it wasn't the best option for me.

I feel for you with the all day sickness! I am not throwing up either, but the nausea is nasty! I also have never been so tired in all my life and none of my bras fit anymore! Nothing about this pregnancy business is glamourous!!

Chat soon
    xx

PS, just saw your message Amy and would love to catch up with you too!
    Last edited by Flack; 02-01-2009 at 06:01 PM. Reason: .

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast