Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Private OB with public system delivery.

mwong222 is offline Registered User
    we started going through the public system at about 6 months (because i didn't know i was coming to HK until then), but it seems like once a month same as private OB (we always book then on back to back days). No idea if it is different on last month. I am hoping this month is the last time we have to see doctor before baby is born (due next month).

Nic
    Nic is offline Registered User
    I delivered at QMH last March and unless things have changed your appointments become weekly for the last month in the public system at least.

Polly is offline Registered User
    I can't just remember but I think early on it's once a month. When you get nearer; past 30 weeks, it increases to once every 2 weeks - I think???

avk116 is offline Registered User
    i am also wondering about QMH, if you are admitted in the early stages of labour... is it possible to request a private or semi-private room instead of staying in the general ward? I'm sure they'd charge you for something like that, but I wasn't sure if you could even do it. Would they charge you as a private patient, like $40K or just charge you for the room per night?

mumsy is offline Registered User
    If you go with a private OB for check-ups but plan to deliver at a public hospital, at what stage should you register at the public hospital, ie. last few months of pregnancy or can I just turn up for the actual birth (do they need to have a record on you first)?

mscheerful is offline Registered User
    mumsy, I go public when I was 7.5 months and deliver there eventually. Not necessary to have your record with them, but it is much, way better better for them to work as you don't have time to tell them all that they will ask.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    I went around 20 weeks or so, but next time, I'd do it earlier. There's no harm in having the extra check ups, and it doesn't cost you anything either, except for a bit of time. So you might as well, in my opinion!!

Oct09Mom is offline Registered User
    Congrats to all the expecting Mom!

Like many others,I have also decided to go for a QMH for delivery and visiting Dr. Ghosh too. Dr. Ghosh seems to be quite nice even after I told him about my plans of delivering at QMH.

What I want to know is what is the best time to register for public systems?Also,can we tell them not to have certain tests if its already been done at private OB.Can we ask for our reports at the private OB to show my pregnancy history to the doctor during my delivery ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12