Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Government Child Health Centres v.s. Private Well Baby Clinics

MuffinBump is offline Registered User

Government Child Health Centres v.s. Private Well Baby Clinics

My baby is nearly a month old and I am deciding whether to go with Govt's (Maternal &) Child Health Centres close to my home or go with one of the private well baby clinics such as those offered by Matilda, Canossa or Adventist? I am referring to the vaccination and check-up packages specifically.

Aside from the price (i.e govt ones being free and private ones range from HK$6,000 - $8,000+) - are there much differences between the two types? E.g. More thorough checkups with private etc? Is it worth going with the private ones?

Any comments re the above will be much appreciated. If you have any experiences with private well baby clinics such as those mentioned above, I would love to hear your feedbacks also.

Last edited by MuffinBump; 01-11-2009 at 01:24 PM. Reason: sp

carang is offline Registered User

i've taken both of my kids through the gov't system without a single complaint from me...except maybe, that the clinics can get busy and you do have to wait a while.

Matty is offline Registered User

The biggest difference is there are some additional vaccinations privately that aren't on the govt schedule.
    Though it is still cheaper to just add these later privately if you want them.

The govt health and development checks are very thorough, if not more so than the private ones.

The wait time can be long, but I've also found myself having to wait over an hour to see our private Dr anyway even with an appointment, just because they are so busy, and then you get rushed in and out.