Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

preparing 2-year-old birthday party

alicesophia is offline Registered User

Smile preparing 2-year-old birthday party

Hello all,

I am the a mother of a soon-to-be-2-year-old girl. I'm preparing her a birthday party in late Feb and wonder if I should hire a playgroup entertainer to lead a 45 to 60-minute activity during the party. Do you think it's a stupid idea? I never organise BDay party for my little one and am worried that other children and partents who are participating the party will get bored.

Any entertainer referral?

Thanks a lot,

Alice

Portia is offline Registered User

Are the other children also around the age of two? I wouldn't spend my money on an entertainer for my son who just turned two as he would rather do his own thing than be forced to participate in activities. It might be okay if you are having a lot of older children to the party.

alicesophia is offline Registered User

Thank you so much Portia, I'll invite some older children and I guess they'll entertain themselves and help entertain other children. Should I provide some basic pops/toys like balls or anything, any suggestions?

Neha is offline Banned

it also depends where u are having the party? if the premise has space then u can put some toys or games. we had our 2 year son's birthday party at Wise Kids in Cyperport but most of the kids at his party were 2 year,

carang is offline Registered User

i noticed that playtown do parties as well... considering it for a double party for my almost 2 and almost 4 yr olds...no entertainer needed.

keep in mind that 2 yr olds may be afraid of clowns etc, so that isn't a very good option... you could do old fashioned things like:

pinata
    musical chairs
    dance/freeze game
    pass the parcel
    pin the tail on the donkey

if it's only an hour, then those games would work well and can be played by all ages

you could also have a batch of un decorated cupcakes and a bowl of icing with sparkles etc and the kids could decorate their own cupcakes to take home

Neha is offline Banned

playtown is great for all ages upto 11 , no need to worry about entertainment and their area for serving is also great.

LittleLams is offline Registered User

What are the parties at Playtown like? Do the kids run around outside and then gather back in the room for nibbles? Given that the play area is huge, it may seem like all the kids will scatter about and be a little disorganised?

muddykins is offline Registered User

the one thing about an entertainer is that the parents of the kids have to be involved as well. if you talk about it with the company first then they'll definitely cater to what you need - they can provide everything, from balloons to giveaway bags to even someone coming over to put up and take down the decorations. it's convenient if you don't have enough time to do all of this yourself.

"Party Animals" do really good stuff, I brought my nephew to a party hosted by them at Christmas. all the kids had fun, even the little babies - just under 1 year i think was the youngest, clinging to her mum all day but no crying and loved the balloons.

if it's for younger kids they don't overdo the costume as not to scare them too much, you can request for anything that you want, Winnie the Pooh, Princesses, even Star Wars characters. XD