Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Early June mums

eneri7 is offline Registered User
    I'm due in June as well and would love to meet for lunch sometime. This is my first baby so am excited to meet other moms! Let me know when you all can meet up! Tuesdays and Fridays aren't ideal because that's when I have pre-natal yoga...

sherwes is offline Registered User
    Hi, any June mums keen to meet up for lunch tomorrow in central?

Eneri7, what time is your yoga?

Eve, I will PM you.

Carey,
    The breast pump I bought was the Avent ISIS electric one. I bought it in Aust and it cost about AU$200 (HK$1,000). I have found it really good as it has a feature that lets you set the pumping action to your prefered speed and suction strength. If you are planning on pumping often (say more than once a week) I would go for an electric pump.

I wouldn't be too worried about buying a second hand pump so long as you know the history of it. Many mothers buy pumps and then hardly use them and I wouldn't be at all worried about a pump that has only been used a few times. You can boil the breast pump (not the electric bit of course!) to sterilise it once you get it home. If you do buy a second hand one just make sure that you get the instructions and (if possible) the original box so that you can check that you have all of the pieces and also confirm how you should go about sterilising the pump before each use.

Re your milk supply, everything I have read says that the more milk you express or the more your baby drinks the more milk you produce. This was certainly my experience.

Do you think we need a milk/food warmer? I have a suspicion that a rice cooker or a pot of hot water can do the trick.

Re products for bathing I didn't use anything perfumed for my newborn. I just pumped some sorbolene cream into the bath which is just a very simple aqueous cream that bayb is unlikely to have any reaction to. Now that baby is older I use Mustella products which are very gentle and smell lovely.

Hope this helps!

carey is offline Registered User
    Hi sherwes, Thank you for all you tips.
    Heard lots of good thing about the advent IsIs breast pump. I think I will go for a electric one. I will be staying home for the first few months until I have to go back to work. and thinking ahead, I might need it for my second one since we are planning to have two. :)

Does your Advent IsIs breast pump fit in other brand of bottles such as bfree?

I began to wash some of the baby clothes today. I am so obsessed of buying. just about wanting to go into every baby product shops and expos ( one coming up this weekend in the hongkong culture and exhibition center). I bought a winter suit for 12 months because it's on sale and I think it would be good for winter time when he will be about 9-12 months.

I also saw online that one should not buy too many clothes ahead of time because you wouldn't know in what rate your baby will grow.

My husband is a good counter force and gives me some balance. Here I am thinking I might miss all the bargain that's out there. :)

Thank you and have a good meeting.

Hi carey, sorry but I haven't tried other brands of bottle on my Avent pump. I'll check the instructions to see if there's any comment on this issue.

Yes, it is very difficult to resist buying clothes for baby isn't it! My 15 month old has a huge wardrobe and he also has lots of size 2 outfits that he won't grow into for ages. I really have to stop myself from buying anymore - it is especially tempting because the sales are so good in HK!

hi! my class is at 12:45 in central. what time are you meeting? i could chat for awhile and just leave a little early...

We're meeting at 12 at Jaspas (28/30 Staunton St, Soho). Might be on the way for you??

Eve12 is offline Registered User
    Great. See you at noon.

yes, will stop by!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast