Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Early June mums

sherwes is offline Registered User

Early June mums

Hi, I am due to have my second baby at the beginning of June. Any other mums due around this time who want to start regular mummy lunches??

Eve12 is offline Registered User

june

Hello Sherwes,

I'm also due in June - would love to meet up. I'm not working so flexible. Day or evening.

Thanks.

Hi Eve12,
    Thanks for the reply. Shall we try to meet up next week - I can make lunch on Wed, Thurs or Fri. Where are you based?
    Any other June mothers-to-be out there???

carey is offline Registered User
    Hi All, I am due in early June with my first but I live in the Mainland about two hours drive from east Tsim Sha Tsui. So I can't really meet unless meeting time is when I am happened to be in HongKong. But then my hubby is usually with me. I can't imagine him sitting around and listening to our ladies. :) We will have our baby in Hongkong at the Union hosptial in Sha Tin so we come for regular check ups and we do most of our shopping for the baby in HongKong.

I would still love to be in the loop to share experiences.

Have you started your shopping yet? I know it might be a little early. But We wanted to get the basics ready early so we don't have to walk around so much when my tummy is too big. So, we have been getting a bit of things everytime we are in Hongkong. And since we are both on Chinese Lunar New Year holiday now, we even got our cot and changing table home and put together.

You ladies have a good get-together and please keep me posted. :)

Hi Sherwes,

Friday is perfect for lunch. I live in Central.

Just sent you a PM with my details.

Hi Carey,

No, I have not really started buying anything. Was just having a look at Baby stroller this past weekend.

How often do you make it to HK?

Great Eve12. I will check the PM and email you back.

Carey, this is my second baby so there is very little I need to buy. Happy to give you my thoughts on items you are thinking of buying. I basically bought everything in sight for my first baby (including a whole load of stuff that I didn't need!).

carey is offline Registered User
    Hi Eve12, we travel to HongKong at least once a month. Recently, we were there more often in the past month, for check ups and shopping for baby things.

Hi Sherwes, I do have questions about shopping. Like you, I have been an obsessive baby thing shopper.

I have questions about buying a breast pump. I plan to breastfeed and introduce bottle with breast milk early as suggested in an article in this website. So, we are looking into a breast pump. My husband insist that we should buy a brand new one for this task due to the close contact it would have for the baby and mother. All the sales lady have been trying to sell me an electric pump which is 3 time more expensive than the manual one.

I am holding back my decision because I am not sure even if I would have enough then to feed the baby and I wanted to do more research on this before buying it. what is your thought on this?

Do you think we need a milk/food warmer? I have a suspicion that a rice cooker or a pot of hot water can do the trick.

And how about all the products for bathing the baby. Is Johnson a better brand than others?

Clothes wise, we've got a few body suit for the first month and a few more for him to grow into. We have about three blankets and two sleeping bags.

We might need more but we are thinking to wait till later to get it.

I've sticking to the list I got from this website to buy things. And I also ended up buying what is not on the list.

Thank you ladies.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast