Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Deborah International kindergarten

sandy0741 is offline Registered User

Deborah International kindergarten

HI everyone,

Is there anyone who has got kids going to this kindergarten?
    I have applied my 2 year old son for this, and he has been accepted, but I m wondering if it is good or not?

anyone got any experience?

sunniefaith is offline Registered User

Just be aware that some of the teachers there may not be trained. Check and talk to the principal and teachers, if possible, to ask about their qualification. I have personally met and knew a teacher who is teaching there. She was fresh out from GSIS. Graduated from high school, didn't really have much of a clue what she was doing and asked me a couple of things that I thought as an early childhood educator, she would have known. It was pretty basic stuff as well.

sandy0741 is offline Registered User

Oh, that's bad if an inexperienced person, without any training, is going to look after these kids. But anyway thanks for your advice, I don't want to hand my kid into the hands of these teachers who has no clue of handling kids.
    Will these fresh graduates have the patience of teaching small children?????

HappyV is offline Registered User

"Teaching" can mean different things. The GSIS girl may have been a classroom assistant, rather than a teacher. Th EB is really cracking down on unregistered teachers in pre-school education at the moment. *To be registered you must have appropriate qualifications.......

Most KG - even the really expensive ones - have classroom assistants with no 'training'.