Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Help! Any ESF TY K1 AM class mom?

Portia is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Hi Neha
    We only got into the pm session in Sheung Wan so we are probably going to decline the offer and go elsewhere (not sure where yet though). Afternoon nap is still important for my child. I must say that I had exactly the same thought as you that my little boy would spend the entire free play session in the sand pit or by the train track.

I have a few reservations about the school. I am a first time and overprotective mother! I just can't picture my son there as he is quite timid, doesn't like large groups of children and doesn't stand up to children if they grab his toys. My son was born at the end of 2006 and will only be 2 years 9 months when he starts. It just seems such a large and overwhelming place when you add in 88 kids during free play. Maybe a smaller place might be better for my son. Who would have thought it would be so difficult to decide?

Neha is offline Banned
    Mid Levels, Hong Kong
    I know what u mean.We are so confused. Our issue is that our son is too out going too friendly and we feel he will be playing all the time. my son is also born end of the 2006 so will be one of the youngest in his class. and we were lucky to get the AM Session.

They have a very weird system of deciding who gets in am and pm session the computor gives nos to all applications and then they decide that all even nos are in AM and all Odd nos are in PM and they keep alternating every year.

U should try Small world that was our 1st choice but they are only offering us PM session right now and that is not an option for us. U can check it out and u might get lucky with the AM session

Best of luck

kiwiinoz is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    As much as PM is inconvenient (my daughter is in PM at Sheung Wan), I don't think you have much choice. I highly doubt you would find a parent who would want to swap from AM, and I am pretty sure the school doesn't willingly just swap students.

You just have to find ways to make the PM session work for you. It isn't easy, but you will manage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12