Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help! Any ESF TY K1 AM class mom?

dbisparent is offline Registered User

Help! Any ESF TY K1 AM class mom?

My son has been assigned an afternoon class. Any AM class mom can swap with me? My no. 91071350.Thanks!

carang is offline Registered User
    i wish you luck, but have you asked the school if you found a parent willing to change if it's ok with them???

i'm guessing they have a long waiting list and it wouldn't be up to you to find someone, they would have someone waiting in the wings.

dbisparent is offline Registered User
    y...know this may be of little hope.... but at least to try.

as in case there's really someone with the intention to swap with us, the administration works to school will be minimal and perhaps there could be a chance.

carang is offline Registered User
    i would talk to them first before going to all the trouble of finding someone....

i run a playgroup and i can tell you that i cannot just "swap" parents in classes, especially the well sought after ones that i've had people on a waiting list for more than 6 months....

i do wish you luck, though, i know i'd rather have my kids in morning classes too, as do most parents.

cwbmum is offline Registered User
    I know at Abacus when they offer you a place you should accept, they have lots of people on the waiting list and would not let the parents swap around, if parents didn't accept then it would be offered to someone else.
    Have a chat with them first.
    Abacus is an ESF Kindergarten in CWB.

HappyV is offline Registered User
    Before you swop you should also be aware that there is no AM bus service to the ESF TY KG drom DB. There is only a bus for the afternoon session. THis is why they allocate the DB kids to PM sessions.

Portia is offline Registered User
    I was at the ESF Sheung Wan tour earlier this week and was told that if you want to change from the pm session to the am session that you need to appeal with reasons. Apparently last year there were around 45 appeals (which I understand go to an appeal board consisting of the 3 ESF principals plus another ESF official) and only 2 were upheld. We were told that probably the only reasons that would be accepted is that you have a special needs child who needs to attend therapy, etc in the afternoon or your child has a sibling attending the same school in the morning. Judging from what we were told, you are unlikely to be allowed to just swop with someone else.

Neha is offline Banned
    next to impossible for u to switch. It is the school which will decide who get sin AM or PM Session. If i really want to switch u should and go talk to the principal and give your reasons.

Portia: Did u get in the am Session in Sheung wan? We had our tour yesterday ? Still deciding if we should accept. Would appreciate if u could let me know what u thought about the school

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast