Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Just moved to HK with a toddler and pregnant

joanne821 is offline Registered User

Smile Just moved to HK with a toddler and pregnant

Happy New Year to you all! I moved to HK a few weeks ago and 11 weeks pregnant with my second baby. I am thrilled to find out there is a forum for mums due this summer!:) Congrats everyone!

We've been in a serviced apartment for the last 7 weeks, about to move into our new home at the peak. I felt isolated and exhausted with pregnancy and a super active 2 year old boy. Thank goodness school started...

Anyone enjoy hiking and wouldn't mind some company to explore the trails? I have a 5 year old, very gentle female German Shepherd to walk everyday. Okay, the real excuse is to walk off my uncontrollable appetite for all the yummy food in HK. I?m already showing and worse with a full stomach.

I'd love to start doing some yoga. Does anyone go to Pure Yoga in Centrium? Has anyone tried a regular yoga class being pregnant? Please share your thoughts.

Last but not the least, any active toddlers out there that needs an energetic playmate? I?m very happy to host a playdate in our apartment which has a covered playground soon. Cheers!!

carang is offline Registered User
    just wanted to say....
    WELCOME!

i have a very active 2 year old girl, but i live in sai kung.
    good luck, i'm sure you'll be finding friends in no time!

Little Monster is offline Registered User
    Hi,

Welcome to Hong Kong. I am a local with a 28M boy. Would love to join your playdate. By the way, where are you from? Pls email me at [email protected]
    thanks.

Flack is offline Registered User
    Hi Joanne

Welcome to the forum. In regards to Yoga I am going to my first prenatal yoga class today at Anahata Yoga in Central. (www.anahatayoga.com.hk)
    I can let you know how it goes if you like.
    I have read that some of the other ladies go to Pure, but I personally have not been there.

Cheers

joanne821 is offline Registered User
    Thanks!

Carang, Sai Kung is lovely. We sometimes go to the beach with our dog on the weekend.

Little Monster, I'm South African Taiwanese and my hubby is Aussie. We're moving into our new home next week. Love to organize somethine after CNY, will keep you posted.

Please let me know how yoga goes, Flack!

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    Hi there! I have 2 boys, a 2yr old and an 8mth old who would love to make some new friends. please count us in for a playdate after CNY. I also have 2 dogs...but with the 2 kids, really am not up for hiking with them at the moment haha. I go to Pure at Centrium but didn't while I was pregnant due to a high risk pregnancy. I think they do have prenatal yoga there. Postpartum, when i started back at yoga, most of the instructors thought i was pregnant and would make adjustments to the postures for me...haha it just gave me more motivation to work out!!

Flack is offline Registered User
    Well, I am just back from my yoga class and I really enjoyed it. I feel better than I have in a couple of weeks. You dont have to do the prenatal if you are more advanced, they are happy for you to do the other classes as long as you disclose your pregnancy.
    They had a number of different packages on offer, I ended up buying a month by month package.