Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Buggy with or without car seat?

Tartan is offline Registered User

Buggy with or without car seat?

Hi there
    I am currently in a dilemna choosing between the Techno XT & XLR (the latter coming with adapter & car seat). I'm wondering how much use people have in HK for a car seat, I live in Midlevels and pretty much walk or get taxis/public transport everywhere. Please advise whether you think it's worth going for the more lightweight buggy with no car seat option or the heavier more expensive one...

HappyV is offline Registered User
    The difference in both cost and weight is pretty small. (for the stroller itslef - of course the car seat adds more!!) Keep in mind that the XLR is a little wider.

megan2008 is offline Registered User
    sheung shui
    I have the quinny zap with the car seat and LOVE it! It is especially helpful when traveling via airplane. Additionally, I haven't experienced any problems traveling with it on the taxies here. It just takes a couple seconds to take it apart and put it back together. Anyway, hope that helps.

sherwes is offline Registered User
    I have the Quinny Zapp and Buzz. I use both with the Maxi Cosi car seat and would highly recommend buying a stroller/car seat combo if you take a lot of taxis. If the combo you are looking at works the same as the Quinny it is fabulous. Very quick to get in and out of taxis, has a 5 point harness and is safety tested and approved for use as a car seat in the US, Germany, UK etc.

collsi is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong Island

Techno XLR

I have the Techno XLR and found the car seat / buggy combo great when my little one was younger. It was a Godsend around HK and when travelling abroad - although I live on the southside so my journeys were a little longer than you're doing now :). Now that my daughter has outgrown the car seat I still use the XLR regularly and find it great.
    Definitely worth the investment :)