Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Where to have a private scan

Jjald is offline Registered User

Where to have a private scan

My doctor sent me to thr iRad clinic in Central last week for an early scan. i did not find them very helpful, the room was cramped and they did not even show me the screen.

Can anyone suggest an alternative venue that I can call direct without having to go via my doctor every time as I feel it is a waste of an appointment.

Thanks

AussieMum is offline Registered User
    Dear Jjald,
    I am not sure how far into your pregnancy you are, but my doctor sent me to Dr Danny Leung at the HK Sanatorium (Happy Valley) for my 12 week scan. However, I did need a referral. Unfortunately we did have to wait around one hour in his rooms, however he apologised when we got in there and advised he had had a prior emergency. Once we were in there though, he had two screens so he could look at one whilst he faced me, and I could see a big plasma at the end of the bed, so I could see exactly what he was looking at. He was very informative and welcomed my husband and daughter into the room, who also could see the plasma. He was patient, informative, and had a lovely bedside manner. He even took the time to determine the sex of the baby and explain how they do this. Whilst in there, he did blood test and was very gentle. My appointment was at 10am, and they phoned me by the end of the day to advise the results of my NT scan, which I thought was good service. All up, I think it cost around $1800.
    You may be able to ring your doctor for them to send you a referral, without having to actually make an appointment. My doctor forgot to write me a referral letter, and they just phoned my clinic who faxed something through when I was there.
    I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any further queries. Good luck with your pregnancy.

joshsmum is offline Registered User
    When I was pregnant I went and had a 4-D scan with Dr Lam at Hong Kong Prenatal Diagnosis Center (St George's Building) http://www.geobaby.com/directory/hea...-hang/details/

I just rang up directly and made an appointment for the scan. I don't believe you need a referal from your own dr to go there. Dr Lam is very thorough and from what I've heard is a bit of an expert in picking up prenatal problems. He gives a report, some photos and a dvd of the scan - and as I mentioned he is very thorough about checking the important parts of baby are as they should be.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

Belinda

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    I just called up Union hospital and made an appointment - they referred me to Dr. Ng - he was great. The equipment is excellent - big screen and the doctor is very thorough. The waiting room can be a bit mad even being a private hospital but as long as you`re prepared to wait a bit, it isn`t so bad. A normal scan was about $800hkd I think.

Jjald is offline Registered User
    Thanks - do you have their contact details? I tried Dr Lam from the above post yesterday but he is no longer at that address according to the lady that answered.