Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Baby Stroller

staceycolyer is offline Registered User

Baby Stroller

I know there is lots of info in various other threads about baby strollers, but I can't find exactly what I'm looking for.

I am looking to get a stroller that is:

suitable from newborn
    lightweight
    easy to fold down
    perhaps has some 'storage' space for extra baby baggage
    3 wheels (?)
    etc

I have absolutely no experience at what is a good stroller or not, so am looking for lots of advice from those of you who do!

Thank you so much in advance!!

southside852 is offline Registered User

We got the Maclaren Techno XT which is suitable from birth and is a fold down stroller. My son was born in London and we are from the States so we knew we would be doing a lot of traveling on airplanes and therefore decided against the Bugaboo. It has a net below and of course you can but your baby bag on it or buy the separate net bag that goes around the handles. The more sporty strollers have 3 weels and are not really fold down. Most fold downs have 4 wheels. We love it and know that Maclaren makes good quality strollers. Hope this helps!

http://www.mothercare.com/Maclaren-T...46031&mcb=core

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

I have a Combi Well Comfort for my newborn. 4.2 kg, 1-hand fold, 4 wheels, basket down below, which is adequate but not huge, all in all a great stroller. I paid $2281 HKD from a website called bestbabybuyHK, or something similar...worry I forget now.

Thanks!
    I like the look of both the Combi and the Maclaren. Does anyone know anything about Graco?

southside852 is offline Registered User

I'm sure you cannot go wrong with Graco. Lots of my American friends use their travel system stroller in the States.

This was the Graco that caught out eye, but it's not really lightweight.

http://www.mothercare.com/Graco-Trek...re#productInfo

Also, have heard varied reports about 3 wheelers.

This Maclaren looks good too, and is lighter.

http://www.mothercare.com/Maclaren-T...re#productInfo

Still browsing at this stage really, but I'm sure time is going to run away with us!

Always good to get actual user experience, so thanks for your help!! Any other comments or recommendations?

mama-to-be is offline Registered User

I had both the Graco and Maclaren. It really depends how much walking you intend to do and how often you will be taking baby on the bus or cab. I found it much easier to get on and off buses and taxis with the Graco as the folding system is much easier. You do get used to the Maclaren but Graco still wins in this area. I had the Graco till baby was about 1 yr and then got the Maclaren Quest only coz I liked the look of it and it seems like a more comfortable ride for an older child. The Maclaren XT is pretty heavy so that's something to bear in mind if you are going out alone. Graco EDT is super light! I heard the Combi is similar to Graco

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

I just wanted to add, that although I love my Combi Well-comfort stroller, I now notice that it`s not so good on uneven sidewalks(like cobblestone or something), and baby`s head bounces around a little bit too much for my liking. I think it would be fine for older babies but mine is a newborn so I`m a bit more careful. Anyway, I think it`s because it has small wheels. Other than that it`s a smooth ride.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast